Vegan lentil soup is a delicious and hearty soup made with lentils, vegetables, and herbs. It’s a popular dish in many cultures around the world and is a great source of plant-based protein and fiber.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentils, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes (with their juices), cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Enjoy your vegan lentil soup!
Leave a Comment