A person lost his life after receiving an electric shock in Puerto de Abrigo de Yucalpetén, in Progreso.
Around 7 o’clock last Friday night, the deceased was unloading octopus from the boat known as “Martin Progreso”, when suddenly a lump fell into the sea, so he jumped to get it out.
But when he got back on the boat he grabbed a 220-volt cable from the ship’s machinery, which caused an electric shock and he fell into the sea.
His companions jumped into the water to rescue him and when he was brought up to the dock he no longer had vital signs.
The deceased was identified as Ernesto A.C.R., 34 years of age.
The place was secured by police agents, while personnel from the State Attorney General’s Office took charge of the corresponding proceedings.
more recommended stories
State government announces inauguration date for new Parque La Plancha: Mérida’s “Central Park”
Mérida’s Gran Parque La Plancha is.
Spaniard who travels the world by bicycle with his dogs makes a stop in Yucatán
Four years ago, Miquel Sorell had.
It’s official! The Merida Marathon will take place on Sunday, January 8, 2023
Marathon Merida Banorte Once again, the.
Wakanda Forever” actor to give presentations in Mérida
Josué Maychi, the actor from Campeche.
Married couple’s pickup truck overturns and ends up catching fire
A young man and his pregnant.
VivaAerobus leaves more than 120 passengers stranded at Merida airport
Due to bad weather, VivaAerobus cancelled.
Subject arrested as he was trying to get hit by a passing car on Paseo de Montejo arrested
Agents of the Secretary of Public.
Yucatecan Maya writer receives Award for Indigenous Literature of the Americas at FIL Guadalajara
Literature has the power to give.
25 year-old man choked to death in restaurant in northern Merida
A young man, 25 years old,.
Enjoy the ‘Paseo Navideño de las Flores’ with new venues in Yucatán
As part of the free options.