We love nothing more than to see that little tail wagging and our puppy jumping with excitement. Those of us who have puppies know that they love nothing more than to see a piece of food ready to go into their mouth, today we bring you an easy and delicious recipe for your little four-legged friend.
Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (make sure it does not contain xylitol, which is toxic to dogs)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana with a fork.
- Add the peanut butter, rolled oats, and shredded coconut to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a grape.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the outside.
- Allow the bites to cool completely before serving to your dog. Store any leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe makes about 12-15 bites, depending on the size. These bites are high in protein and healthy fats from the peanut butter and coconut, and the rolled oats provide fiber for digestion. Your furry friend is sure to love them!
Leave a Comment