Clay Jones cartoon for CNN’s weekly newsletter,
I don’t have much to add to this so I’m going to give you a little treat. Someone commented under someone else’s reshare of one of my cartoons. What he did was provide a timeline of quotes by Donald Trump on the coronavirus. I loved it. I’ll reshare that here for you. Here we go.
- January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
- February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
- February 24: “The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
- February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling coronavirus.”
- February 25: “I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
- February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
- February 26: “We’re going very substantially down, not up.”
- February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
- February 28: “We’re ordering a lot of supplies. We’re ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn’t be ordering unless it was something like this. But we’re ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
- March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don’t think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
- March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
- March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
- March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
- March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
- March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
- March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
- March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
- March 6: “I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn’t our fault.”
- March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on coronavirus.”
- March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
- March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the coronavirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”
- March 10: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
- March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
- March 13: National Emergency Declaration
Support the cartoonist.
You can help me continue to create cartoons, blogs, and videos by making a contribution. All support, large and small, is greatly appreciated. You can also support me by purchasing a signed print (8 1/2×11) for $40, or a signed poster (18×24) for $100 by clicking the PayPal button (just include a note if you’re purchasing a print). If you want to support but don’t want to use PayPal, you can send a contribution through the mail (address is on the contact page. Again, include a note for a print). I don’t plan on going anywhere and your support will help guarantee that. Whether you support, can’t. or just choose not to, please know that I am truly thankful that you visit my site and read my work.
The Yucatan Times
For TYToons / Clay Jones
more recommended stories
Tracking The Dark Fleet of Illegal Fisheries
Dark fleets – illegal fishing vessels.
IMF Urges Mexico to Curb Refining Plans, Warns of Policy Uncertainty Weighing on Investment (Opinion)
BY CHRISTOPHER LENTON In the midst of.
BACKYARD BIRDING IN MERIDA, YUCATAN, AND BEYOND – GREEN AND BLUE PIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION? PART 3 of 3
SLIDER and #1 SCARLET MACAW back.
Just Gone (the search for thousands of missing persons haunts Mexico)
by Oscar Lopez for The New.
Thanks to the World Bank, Latin America has lost a key tool to fight red tape, corruption (Opinion)
By Andrés Oppenheimer The scandal swirling.
AMLO rolled out the red carpet for Cuba’s President Diaz Canel (Opinion)
By Andres Oppenheimer Mexican President Andrés.
Mexico seeks leadership role in Latin America (Opinion)
By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN MEXICO CITY — (AP).
BACKYARD BIRDING IN MERIDA, YUCATAN AND BEYOND – PIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION? BIRD PLUMAGE: GLOWING OWLS AND VIRGINITY SIGNALS? PART 2 of 3
CAROTENOIDS Carotenoid, pronounced like a cross.
BACKYARD BIRDING IN MERIDA, YUCATAN, AND BEYOND – PIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION? BIRD PLUMAGE: PART 1 of 3
Wild Turkey Colorful feathers of birds.
AMLO proposed that Cuba be declared a “World Heritage Site” for being an “example of resistance” against U.S. aggressions (OPINION)
by Andres Oppenheimer The Oppenheimer Report.-.