Home Headlines An electric shock has a worker on the brink of death

An electric shock has a worker on the brink of death

by Yucatan Times
0 comment

A man is near death due to the burns he suffered on more than half of his body when he received an electric shock while working at the top of a pole of the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) in the Sambulá neighborhood in Mérida.

The events occurred on the afternoon of Thursday, November 30, on 90th Street.

A worker from a telecommunications company was working, along with CFE employees, on a pole installed at the site when the accident occurred.

Suddenly, he touched a medium voltage cable and received an electric shock that caused burns on 60 percent of his body.

The man was left hanging from the pole, so his coworkers immediately asked the Public Security Secretariat (SSP) for help, calling the emergency number 911.

A few minutes later, SSP paramedics and firefighters arrived at the scene, carried out the corresponding tasks to provide medical care to the man, and then rushed him to a hospital.

The police secured the area, but moments later they withdrew, as those in charge of the work would take care of the situation. Police sources indicated that the injured person was in very poor health.

Just last November 8, a male person, an employee of a company subcontracted by the CFE, died at the top of a pole in the Montebello subdivision, north of Mérida. The tragedy occurred when he was carrying out work to provide electricity to a shopping plaza under construction.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin