Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE:PAC) (BMV:GAP) announced preliminary terminal passenger traffic figures for the month of March 2016, compared to traffic figures for March 2015.
During March 2016, total terminal passengers increased 17.9% in the 13 airports, compared to the same period of the previous year. Domestic passenger traffic presented a 25.1% increase, while international passenger traffic increased 10.1%.
Based on passenger traffic during the first quarter and forecasted traffic considering offered seats figures provided by airlines for the remainder of the year, GAP expects an annual increase in passenger volume between 10% and 11% for 2016.
The following items are highlights from traffic results for the month of March:
- Quarter Growth: Passenger traffic grew 17.8% in 1Q16 compared to 1Q15, due to an increase of 1.52 million in available seats stemming from Volaris’ and Interjet’s fleet growth. Secondly, GAP reported one extra day in February as it was a leap year, which generated an additional 1% of traffic. Lastly, the Easter holiday took place in March, resulting in a 3.7% increase in passenger traffic; whereas in 2015, Easter fell in April.
- Seats and Load Factor: In March 2016, GAP registered a 15.4% increase in the number of seats compared to March 2015. Load factor grew 1.1% compared to last year, reaching 83.5%.
- Guadalajara: In the last 12 months, the airport reached 10.1 million passengers, becoming the third Mexican airport in history to surpass 10 million passengers. In March, Aeromexico opened its route to Los Monchis, while VivaAerobus resumed its route to Tijuana with two daily flights. During the Easter holiday, frequencies increased to destinations such as Cancun and Los Angeles.
- Puerto Vallarta: Domestic traffic grew 22.4% due to an increase of 6,000 domestic seats by Volaris and 4,000 by Aeromexico. International traffic increased in the number of seats offered by Southwest and United by 27,000 and 12,000, respectively.
- Los Cabos: Continues to show significant improvement in passenger load factor. This indicator increased from 77.6% in March 2015 to 85.7% in March 2016. Hotel infrastructure in Los Cabos is at its best; at the beginning of March the Ministry of Tourism recorded 11,730 available rooms in 4 and 5 star hotels. In March, Volaris opened a route from Toluca to Los Cabos and AereoCalafia opened a route from the Bajio region.
- Tijuana: Continues to strengthen its growth rate, which is the highest year-to-date in 2016 among the 10 largest airports in the country. In March, available seats increased 39.9% compared to last year. Volaris is the airline that contributes the most to this growth with 76.2%.The Tijuana airport continues to position itself as the most efficient option for passengers traveling to the United States, due to its competitive rates and the recent opening of the Cross-Border Xpress. This cross-border bridge registered market penetration of 19.2% of Tijuana airport total passengers in March, reaching 97,084 users crossing the border via this bridge.
more recommended stories
Mauricio Vila visits ‘Chujuk Enjambre’, producer of powdered honey
Kanasín, Yucatan, (October 19, 2021).- Ximena.
Fonatur announces 16,572 archaeological monuments discovered during the Maya Train construction works
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- The.
Megalodon tooth found in Yucatan cenote
A Megalodon is a pre-historic giant.
Pig farms in Yucatan could trigger serious social problems, warns UNAM researcher
The effects will not only be.
Young 18-year-old woman commits suicide in up-town northern Mérida neighborhood
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- Unfortunately,.
Title deeds given to 250 Mayan women who widowed during the pandemic
Titles were given for land that.
28-year-old man from Oaxaca is arrested for exhibitionism in Progreso, Yucatan
Progreso, Yucatan, (October 18, 2021) .-.
Catholic Church admits cases of sexual abuse against minors in Campeche
There are three pending cases in.
WWF sea-turtle documentary is made in Mexico
MÉRIDA, MX.- The World Wildlife Fund.
Amanhá Residential Resort takes a step into the future at the Yucatán Country Club
Mérida, Yucatán, (October 18, 2021).- Inmobilia.