TUNKÁS, Yucatan — A Yucatecan teenager died tragically when receiving an electric shock while conducting an experiment for her science class.
The 15-year-old girl was making the experiment at home, but she was barefoot and apparently did not notice that the floor was wet.
The accident occurred on Wednesday May 11th, at a rural site in the municipality of Tunkás, 86 kilometers (53 miles) east of Mérida, where the girl used to live with her parents.
After suffering the electric shock, the “quinceañera” was knocked down unconscious.
Hearing her cry, her parents went to see what was happening and found her lying on the floor.
She was immediately transferred to the local health center (Centro de Salud), but unfortunately the young woman arrived with no vital signs.
more recommended stories
More than 2 million people went to the Yucatan Fair at Xmatkuil this year
Merida, Yuc. (Notimex).- A massive influx.
Yucatán participates in protocol for prophylactic HIV treatment
Mexico, Dec. 7 (Notimex).- Several countries.
Get a knee replacement in Mexico and save enough money to live on for a year
“Typically, a knee replacement costs $35,000.
AMLO strikes Jalisco Nueva Generación cartel’s finances
New Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez.
Passenger Traffic Up 10.0% in Mexican Airports in first week of December
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de.
Innovative method to detect water contamination developed in Yucatán
Specialists from the Scientific Research Center of.
BMW to expand 3 Series production in Mexico
The German multinational company BMW announced that it.
Mexico Tourism Board Reports Industry Growth, Plans for 2019
CEO of the Mexico Tourism Board Hector.
Child athlete of Tekax goes viral after winning race barefoot
Angel Tzakum went viral after running.
Foreign investment will bring more employment to Yucatan in 2019
The president of the Yucatan Association.