Home Headlines A couple dies after a power generator explodes in Mérida

A couple dies after a power generator explodes in Mérida

by Yucatan Times
0 comment

A couple died from severe burns caused by the explosion of a gasoline-powered electric power generator. The incident occurred on July 4 at night on a property in the community of Santa Gertrudis Copó.

One version indicates the couple went to their laundry room to start their power plant. It exploded when they turned it on. However, other versions suggest that they were testing the generator, anticipating power outages due to the impact of Hurricane Beryl, when the tragedy occurred.

After the explosion, the machine bathed them in burning gasoline, which caused grave burns. The victims were E.A.C., a 65-year-old man, and G.P.Q., a 58-year-old woman.

The fire spread and consumed their laundry room and one of the bedrooms. After hearing the explosion, the couple’s children and neighbors immediately notified the firefighters, who arrived at the site and extinguished the fire.

Later, police agents and paramedics arrived, treated the injured, and transferred them to different hospitals.

They arrived alive at the hospitals, but they died due to the severity of their injuries.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin