On Wednesday, December 6th, a fire broke out in a premises located on the second floor of the Plaza del Sol that was used as a warehouse for the Alma Kosher restaurant, where the poor condition of an extension caused a cooler that was connected to burn. will overheat.
In this regard, Rafael Tenorio Pizano, head of Civil Protection, indicated that although the owners comply with their internal protection program, there is another risk situation that is being assessed, since they use premises for other uses.
“This warehouse cannot be part of the restaurant, since they use it for something else. In this area there is a laundry, an office, a warehouse that has computing equipment and a terminal,” he said.
Limber Flores Cruz, head of the Department of Verification and Commercial Ordering, indicated that four months ago they carried out a review of the plaza and verified that none of these premises used by the restaurant have documentation to operate.
He pointed out that the owners argue that they are harassed by prosecutors for their religious beliefs as they are Jewish, so various directorates formed a working group to resolve the situation, where they will take this fire attempt as evidence to be able to act and have a livelihood. legal to be able to intervene.