Home NewsCrime 30 intentional homicides have been registered in Yucatán so far this year

30 intentional homicides have been registered in Yucatán so far this year

by Yucatan Times
0 comment

While other Mexican states such as Guanajuato registers 2,024, Estado de México 1,756, and Chihuahua 1,341; the state of Yucatán only records 30 intentional homicides this year

In an interview, the Attorney General of Yucatán, Juan Manuel León León, said that to date the entity presents a total of just over 30 folders with cases of intentional homicides, which were reported in 2023.

He highlighted that none of them are directly related to organized criminal groups or drug trafficking. Therefore, he assures that in the state crime of this nature is not an issue that worries citizens.

He also indicated that of the little more than 30 cases, 95 percent have already been resolved, while the other 5 percent are waiting for those responsible to be captured.

“We know that our crime incidence in the state of Yucatan is very low compared to the rest of the Republic. “Homicides, if there are any, we are around 30-35 intentional homicides. I want to clarify that this is not related to organized crime.”

Regarding the crime of kidnapping, cases of this type were ruled out in 2023.

“Fortunately we have not had kidnappings so far this year, we have had so far in administration 1 and those people have already been sentenced to more than 80 years in prison,” he explained.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin