Shortly before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 3rd, a short circuit caused a transformer fire at the entrance of the Los Héroes neighborhood in Mérida.
Residents have been using social media to pressure the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) to come and repair the transformer.
Although the cause of the short circuit has not been revealed at this time, it is presumed to be due to the heavy rains that occurred this afternoon.
It was the residents themselves who reported on Facebook that they had been without electricity for several hours when the rain started.
The state-owned company arrived at the Los Héroes neighborhood to repair the malfunction, but it is currently unknown how much longer they will be without electricity.