Home Headlines Strong thunderstorm and hail cause damage in neighborhoods of Ticul

Strong thunderstorm and hail cause damage in neighborhoods of Ticul

by Sofia Navarro
0 comment

A strong thunderstorm accompanied by rain and hail struck the “Pearl of the South” yesterday, leaving several areas of the city and surrounding districts without electricity and trees strewn across various streets.

Yesterday afternoon, residents of the city were surprised by a thunderstorm accompanied by strong winds and hail that affected several sectors of the community.

It is worth noting that a fair had been organized in the church atrium as part of the festivities of Saint Anthony of Padua, where the canopies and tables were blown away and scattered in the churchyard.

Likewise, fallen trees were reported in various homes, zinc sheets flew off, and power outages affected the flow of vehicles on the streets and avenues.

Some residents, like María Chan, commented, “We locked ourselves in our houses, the wind strongly battered the doors and knocked down huge trees. We even had no electricity for several hours.”

Due to this, personnel from Civil Protection worked tirelessly to assist the community, removing branches from the roads to ensure the safety of drivers.

In addition, teams from the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) gradually restored the electrical power in the affected areas.

However, there were places like 26th Street between 31st and 36th where the power failures persisted, so the residents closed off the road with ropes, empty glue cans, wood, stones, and logs, aiming to express their dissatisfaction with the lack of service.

One of the affected neighbors mentioned that his business products were at risk since the power went out when the thunderstorm started. He said, “I know we all have the same problem, but I can’t help but worry about my business. I hope they don’t take too long to restore the electricity supply.”

On the closed road, the driver of a trailer from a well-known soft drink factory attempted to cut the ropes and remove the barricade, as he needed to unload his cargo. However, the residents refused to remove the barricade. Eventually, the Municipal Police had to intervene to prevent the situation from escalating.

After several hours, personnel from the Federal Commission arrived at the scene to restore the power supply. They explained that their delay was due to multiple affected areas where they had to intervene in order to restore the service.

The residents calmed down after the necessary repairs were carried out, but they suggested to the company’s brigades that it would be a good idea to replace the transformer.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin