Home Feature 2023 hurricane season officially began in the Atlantic Ocean

2023 hurricane season officially began in the Atlantic Ocean

by Yucatan Times
1 comment
earth planet

It is forecast that this hurricane season will have at least 12 storms, of which between 5 and 9 will become hurricanes and one could reach a major category.

On June 1, the 2023 hurricane season began in the Atlantic Ocean and is scheduled to end until November 30.

During the next 6 months between 9 and 11 tropical storms could develop in the Atlantic, and 5 of them could reach a major hurricane category.

The names that will likely be given to the hurricanes this season will be: Adria, Braylen, Caridad, Deshawn, Emery, Foster, Gemma, Heath, Isla, Jacobus, Kenzie, Lucio, Makayla, Nolan, Prlanda, Pax, Ronin, Viviana and Will.

In the Pacific, the 2023 hurricane season began on May 15th.

It is expected that this hurricane season will be less active and that the El Niño phenomenon can help to balance the climatic conditions since after five years of absence it will develop again in the Pacific and continue in a “quite pronounced” way for the rest of the year.

In 2020, the hurricane season set an absolute record, with 30 named storms, of which 14 became hurricanes and of these, 7 were major hurricanes, that is, with maximum winds of 111 miles per hour or more, which is equivalent to at 178 km/h.

The U.S. Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) forecast that by the end of May, there was a 40% chance that the 2023 hurricane season would be near normal, 30% that it would be more active than normal — that is to say: more storms than usual—and 30% below normal. 

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

1 comment

Fishermap July 24, 2023 - 9:08 am

as a boating enthusiast, I’m reminded of the importance of staying vigilant and prepared during this time. Navigating the waters during hurricane season can be challenging and risky, which is why having a reliable nautical chart for the Atlantic Ocean is absolutely crucial. These charts offer critical information about potential storm paths, safe routes, and areas to avoid, allowing sailors and boaters like me to make informed decisions while out at sea. By keeping my nautical chart close at hand and staying updated on weather forecasts, I can ensure the safety of myself and my fellow mariners during this unpredictable season.


Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin