18-year-old dies from electrocution in Yucatán while working

An 18-year-old young man was performing an installation for the company Onternet in Yucatán when he received a strong electric shock upon touching a high-voltage cable, resulting in his death.

According to preliminary reports, the young employee was installing fiber optics for the company Onternet in the community of Calcehtok, near Opichén, when he accidentally touched a high-voltage cable, leading to an electric shock.

The young man was identified as Bryant, 18 years old, who climbed a Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) pole to connect the fiber optic cables and accidentally touched a high-voltage cable.

After the electric shock, the young man fell from a ladder approximately three meters high.

His colleagues rushed to his aid and alerted the authorities. Paramedics from the Secretaría de Seguridad Pública (SSP) arrived at the scene and transported him to the General Agustín O’Horán Hospital, where he was admitted. However, shortly after, his death was reported.

In a similar incident, a man was also transported to the O’Horán Hospital after experiencing a seizure while playing soccer.

Last Monday, a young man had a seizure in a park in Mérida while playing soccer. As he did not respond and had no identification, his image was circulated on social media in an attempt to locate his family members.

Although this young man did not die, it was reported that he was unresponsive and in critical condition when he was taken to the hospital. However, users reported that he was eventually able to be transferred to his home by his family members after the seizure.

TYT Newsroom