There’s nothing quite like a tall glass of homemade peach iced tea to beat the summer heat. With its delicate sweetness and vibrant peach flavors, this refreshing beverage is sure to become a favorite among your friends and family.
The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make! In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create a delicious pitcher of peach iced tea that will leave you feeling cool, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the day.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 cups of water
- 4 tea bags (black or green, depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup of honey (adjust to taste)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Wash the peaches thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or impurities. Cut them in half and remove the pits. You can leave the skin on for added flavor, but if you prefer a smoother texture, you can peel the peaches as well.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, carefully add the peach halves to the water and let them simmer for about 5 minutes. This will infuse the water with the essence of peaches and intensify the flavor.
- After simmering, remove the peach halves from the water and set them aside to cool. In the same saucepan, add the tea bags to the peach-infused water. Let the tea steep for the recommended time according to the type of tea you’re using (usually 3-5 minutes).
- Once the tea has steeped, remove the tea bags and discard them. Stir in the honey while the tea is still warm, adjusting the amount to suit your desired level of sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter tea, you can add more honey or a sweetener of your choice.
- Allow the peach tea mixture to cool completely at room temperature. Then, transfer it to a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to chill thoroughly.
- While the tea is chilling, take the cooled peach halves and blend them in a blender or food processor until smooth. This peach puree will add a delightful texture and concentrated peach flavor to your iced tea.
- Once the tea has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and stir in the peach puree until well combined. If desired, you can strain the mixture to remove any remaining solids or pulp.
- To serve, fill tall glasses with ice cubes and pour the peach iced tea over them. Garnish each glass with a fresh mint leaf for an extra touch of freshness and visual appeal.
There you have it!! A refreshing homemade peach iced tea that’s perfect for sipping on hot summer days or for any occasion that calls for a cool and fruity beverage. The natural sweetness of the peaches combined with the subtle notes of tea create a harmonious flavor that will keep you coming back for more. Feel free to experiment with variations of this recipe by adding a splash of lemon juice or even a hint of ginger for an extra kick. Cheers to the delightful pleasures of summer in every sip of this delicious peach iced tea!