Learn about the ingredients and preparation method of this delicious dish originating from the Bajío region. Take note and evoke those times of golden prosperity!
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 12 small tortillas
- Pork lard or corn oil for frying
For the sauce
- 15 deveined guajillo chilies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch of cumin or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
For the filling
- 400 grams of crumbled ranchero cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 well-washed, dried, and chopped large lettuce
- 1/2 kilogram of peeled, cooked, and diced potatoes
- 1/2 kilogram of peeled, cooked, and diced carrots
- 100 grams of crumbled ranchero cheese for sprinkling
- Pickled jalapeño pepper slices
The tortillas are dipped in the sauce and fried in hot lard or oil, then quickly filled and rolled. In the same fat, the potatoes and carrots are fried. The enchiladas are arranged on a platter, covered with the fried vegetables, followed by the chopped lettuce (it can also be placed as a bed if preferred), sprinkled with grated cheese, and garnished with the pickled chili pepper slices.
Blend all the ingredients together.
Leave a Comment