What causes headaches? The most common type of headache is a tension headache often related to stress, depression, or anxiety. Other common types of headaches are migraines, cluster headaches, and sinus headaches.
What are the best natural remedies for headaches?
The following headache remedies can be effective in relieving some of the pain or discomfort caused by headaches:
- A warm bath can help you relax and may also reduce any muscle pain that could be contributing to a tension headache.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water. Adding foods with high water content like watermelon, celery, and cucumber to your diet can also help.
- Meditation, including sitting in a comfortable position and regulating your breath until you feel relaxed, can help reduce tension caused by a headache.
- Progressive muscle relaxation could also offer some relief. Begin to deepen and regulate your breathing while seated in a comfortable position. Mentally review your body’s pain points, breathing deeply to loosen up those trouble areas.
- Listen to calming sounds, including music or recorded nature sounds. The rhythms and gentle melodies can help slow your breathing, promote relaxation, as well as help ease body pain or tension.