Home Headlines Heat causes failures in the Merida’s drinking water system

Heat causes failures in the Merida’s drinking water system

by Magali Alvarez
0 comment

In this season of intense heat, the consumption of drinking water in Yucatan increases up to 25 percent more than normal, according to Carlos Castillo Sosa, head of the Junta de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado (JAPAY), who added that the high temperatures cause other problems in the service.

The state official commented that among the problems caused by the heat, is the increase in the consumption of drinking water, which leads to failures of the pumping machines due to excessive work and, with this, lack of pressure of the liquid so that it goes up to the water tanks, which can affect users of this basic service.

“But more than water consumption, the big problem we have with the high temperatures is that our engines start to work too much,” said the interviewee, who added that the increase in consumption is normal in this time of heat and drought, which is varied and whose rise varies between 10 and 25 percent.

Regarding the issue of possible failures in the pumping machines, Castillo Sosa indicated that since October last year they began preventive maintenance work so that failures are minimal, in addition to saving resources, since this type of action is cheaper than corrective maintenance.

He commented that the objective is to have the pumping system at 100 percent so that users have drinking water 24 hours a day, which undoubtedly encourages people to pay for the service on time, which has led to a delinquent portfolio of only 17 percent since the remaining 83 percent comply with their payments.

TYT Newsroom

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consect etur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis.


Laest News

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin