Shrimp cocktail is a classic appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. It is a refreshing dish that combines succulent shrimp with tangy cocktail sauce and zesty garnishes. This recipe is easy to make and can be served as a starter or a light meal. Here is a simple shrimp cocktail recipe that will impress your guests and tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink and cooked through. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the cocktail sauce and stir gently to coat.
- Chill the shrimp cocktail in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- To serve, divide the shrimp and sauce into individual cocktail glasses. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade shrimp cocktail!