Fried avocado tacos are a type of taco that features sliced avocado that has been coated in breadcrumbs and fried until crispy. The fried avocado is then served in a corn tortilla and topped with various toppings such as salsa, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. This dish has become popular in recent years as a vegetarian or vegan alternative to traditional meat-based tacos. It is a tasty and unique way to enjoy avocados, which are a popular and healthy ingredient in many dishes.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice (salsa, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, etc.)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and slice the avocado flesh into thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the beaten egg in a separate bowl, and place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dip each avocado slice first in the flour mixture, then in the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat each slice evenly.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded avocado slices to the skillet and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried avocado slices from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Warm the corn tortillas in a skillet or microwave.
- Assemble the tacos by placing 2-3 fried avocado slices on each tortilla and topping with your desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can also add other toppings such as shredded cheese, diced onions, or hot sauce to customize your tacos to your liking.
Leave a Comment