We know that these weeks have presented a cold and rainy weather, worthy of a movie night in bed, accompanied by your favorite drink, so today we bring you an easy recipe to make a homemade hot chocolate.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, (or add to desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups whole milk*
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, (chips, chunks or shavings)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder. Add milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla and whisk together.
- Place over medium heat and bring it to a light boil while stirring constantly. Be sure the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated.
- Set aside to cool to your desired temperature and serve with your favorite toppings.
*For a richer and creamier hot chocolate, replace 1 cup of milk with 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half.