The Thanksgiving countdown is on, and we bet the dinner is what you’re expecting the most, now everyone has their non-negotiable recipes that just must be made every single year, for us, it is always the dressing, which some call it stuffing. Now there are many varieties of dressing, but for The Yucatan Times, the classic and maybe a bit old school recipe is our favorite.
You probably haven’t heard about the clam dressing, but we promise that you are going to love adding this recipe to your holiday table, if you are not a clam fan don’t worry have a bite of this amazing dish and let us know if it changed your mind!
- 3 Cups Cubed Cooked Cornbread
- 2 Cups Cubed Day Old Bread
- 1 dozen shucked and chopped quahog clams; liquor reserved
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Finely Diced Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2/3 Cup-3/4 Cup Turkey Broth (can also use chicken broth)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place cornbread and bread cubes onto a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes to dry out slightly.
- Turn heat on oven back up to 350 degrees after bread is toasted and let bread cool.
- Add stock to a small saucepan and heat on low.
- In a large skillet, add bacon and sauté until browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, add butter, onion, celery, clams and clam liquor, herbs, and salt and pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables start to get tender.
- Add the bacon back into the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cornbread cubes, bread cubes, cooked bacon and veggie mixture, and clams and gently toss careful not to break up cornbread too much.
- Slowly pour half of the broth over the dressing.
- Add the poultry seasoning at this time and the rest of the broth a little at a time until ingredients are just moistened, but not too wet. Taste test at this time and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the dressing into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish into an even layer.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the top of the dressing is browned nicely.
more recommended stories
Coca-Cola products to raise prices for the third time in Mexico
If you were thinking of giving.
One of the most biodiverse countries in the world: 10 wild animals in Mexico
Mexico is a country full of.
Mayor Renan Barrera recognizes the Lebanese community’s contribution to the city of Merida
During the presentation of the “Cedros.
Tattoos raffled to sterilize 40 cats in Yucatán
In an effort to reduce the.
Open call to study languages at UADY
The Institutional Language Center of the.
Enough with WhatsApp hacking, measures will be reinforced in Yucatan
“It is important to strengthen the.
FIFA gives ultimatum to Mexico during Qatar World Cup
FIFA executives do not understand the.
Hawaii’s Mauna Loa, world’s largest active volcano spews ash cloud
Hawaii’s Mauna Loa, the world’s largest active.
Did Argentina superstar Lionel Messi disrespect Mexico?
Lionel Messi was again the star.
López Obrador watched the Mexico game with Mexican actor Tenoch Huerta
President Andrés Manuel López Obrador bragged.