Apparently a short circuit caused the fire in a passenger bus on the Merida-Uman route.
A bus on the Umán-Mérida route caught fire this morning on Itzaes Avenue, the second such incident in just over a week.
Last Tuesday, January 18, a Minis 2000 bus caught fire while traveling on 41st Street in Francisco de Montejo.
On that occasion it was reported that the bus was carrying 40 passengers, who alerted the driver of the fire which started in the rear of the bus.
In today’s case, the passenger vehicle was traveling on Itzaes Avenue, on its way to Umán, when at 71st Street there was a short circuit in the engine which caused the fire. It was not stated how many people were being transported, but none were injured.
SSP firefighters extinguished the flames, although the bus was already completely consumed by the fire.
Experts from the same corporation took knowledge of the accident and would determine the damages to the public road that the bus company would have to cover.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Merida City Council presented the 2022 Forestry Crusade “In Harmony with Nature”
With the aim of continuing to.
Mérida and San Francisco outline projects to multiply the areas of opportunity
“As a Municipality, we work in.
Is Yucatan ‘running out’ of priests?
“In Yucatan there are around 150.
Mérida and New Orleans ratify their twinning
With the ratification of the twinning.
New Hospital O’Horán in Mérida: authorities confirm the date to announce the tender
Next Tuesday, June 8, the name.
Mauricio Vila reviews the latest details of the ‘La Plancha’ project
After managing the use of the.
Fatal accidents involving motorcyclists increase in Yucatan
Freddy Cetina Amaya, leader of the.
Yucatan is the state with the highest index of peace in all of Mexico
For having the lowest rates at.
Yucatan is present at the Tianguis Turístico 2022
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal attended the.
Influenza season ends with six deaths in Yucatan
The 2021-2022 seasonal influenza season concluded.