Profeco identified the cheapest and most expensive supermarkets and grocery stores in the country, for which it divided them into four regions. Walmart and Soriana supermarkets are the ones that sell 21 most expensive basic products, compared, for example, with supply centers.
MEXICO, (December 22, 2021).- When releasing for the first time its report on the prices of the basic shopping basket, the Federal Prosecutor’s Office for the Consumer (Profeco) located the supermarkets and supply sites that sell more expensive and cheaper basic consumer products.
To make its weekly report, the agency took into account the four regions established by the Bank of Mexico (Banxico), the food basket studied by the National Council for the Evaluation of Social Development Policy (Coneval), and the average number of members of a family in the country, which is four, according to the 2020 Population and Housing Census of the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (Inegi).
There are 21 products monitored in total and they were determined with the consumption trends during 2021. The list is as follows:
- Canola or corn oil 1 piece of 946 ml.
- Rice in grain 1 kg.
- Brown sugar 1 kg.
- Beef steak 1 kg.
- Onion 1 kg.
- Serrano chili 1 kg.
- Pork chop 1 kg.
- Bean in grain 900 grs.
- White chicken egg 1 pack of 18 pieces
- Toilet soap 1 pc.
- Saladet tomato 1 kg.
- Lemon 1 kg.
- Apple 1 kg.
- Melon 1 kg.
- Box bread 1 package of 680 grs.
- Potato 1 kg.
- Toilet paper 1 bag of 4 pieces
- Soup pasta 1 package 220 grs.
- Whole chicken 1 kg.
- Supermarket corn tortilla 4 kg.
The most expensive and cheapest supermarkets
For the region that includes Mexico City, State of Mexico, Guanajuato, Hidalgo, Morelos, Puebla, Querétaro, and Tlaxcala, the most expensive and cheapest sites are:
- Most expensive: Tienda Soriana, Benito Juárez City Hall, Mexico City – 1,037.25 pesos
- Cheapest: Central de Abasto of the country’s capital , Iztapalapa mayor’s office – 442.08 pesos.
In the region of Baja California Sur, Aguascalientes, Durango, Jalisco, Michoacán, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa and Zacatecas, the stores at the ends are:
- Most expensive: Walmart store, Las Américas neighborhood, Morelia – 1,031.80 pesos.
- Cheapest: Central de Abasto de Guadalajara , Jalisco – 381.51 pesos.
In the area that includes Baja California, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Sonora and Tamaulipas, the most expensive and cheapest supermarkets are:
- More expensive: Walmart, Las Brisas neighborhood, Monterrey – 1,030.70 pesos.
- Cheapest: Central de Abasto, Santa Margarita neighborhood, Monterrey – 383.17 pesos.
For Campeche, Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, Veracruz and Yucatán, the sites found are:
- More expensive: Soriana Hiper, Ex Hacienda Candiani neighborhood, in the city of Oaxaca – 1,015.45 pesos.
- Cheapest: Central de Abasto de Villahermosa, Tabasco – 347.71 pesos.
more recommended stories
“We Tour 2022” kicked off at Mérida’s Palacio de la Música
The “We Tour 2022” is a.
Important changes to know for this year’s tax season in the US
Tax season is upon us and.
AMLO’s government accused of cutting down 20,000 trees in Quintana Roo to build the Maya Train
According to CR Comunicación, the Federal.
Omicron hinders the economic recovery of Yucatan (SEFOE)
The Secretary of Economic Development insisted.
Low temperatures will return to Yucatan on the weekend
Cold front number 24 will arrive.
Vacancies open on the Maya Train as personnel did not return to work after Christmas break
VALLADOLID – After Christmas vacations, the.
Perfume line with a regional flair
Scents inspired by the Yucatán peninsula.
According to the City Council, the Mérida Fest was no reason for the increase in infections
The Mérida Fest ended on Sunday,.
Without permits, 4 thousand fishing boats in Yucatan
In Yucatan there are no windows.
John Kerry, the U.S. special envoy on climate change says the planet is “not on a good track”
The world is “not on a.