MÉRIDA, Yucatan, (December 8, 2021).- The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reiterates the safety and hygiene measures that prevent COVID-19 infections and calls on the population not to lower their guard during this coming Holiday season, to avoid complications or a possible increase in cases of this disease.
Dr. Alonso Sansores Río, head of the Headquarters of Medical Benefits of the IMSS Yucatán, pointed out that it is essential to continue applying and strengthening safety and hygiene measures to prevent COVID-19 infections.
Therefore, during these Christmas holidays, to break chains of contagion and avoid any other risk situation that endangers health or life, the importance of avoiding parties or meetings, as well as receiving visitors, is reiterated.
Similarly, Social Security informs, in order to safeguard the health of each and every family member, that:
- It is important to continue applying preventive measures such as: constant hand washing, healthy distance and use of face mask.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing objects of personal use.
- Being vaccinated does not mean that they can stop wearing masks.
- Even with the vaccine, the virus is still present and the mask protects them from this and other respiratory diseases.
- The vaccine prevents them from getting seriously ill, but they can still catch it or spread it to others, so they must continue to take care of themselves.
In case of headache, joint pain, lack of taste or smell, fever over 38 degrees, cough, or respiratory problems, go to your Family Medicine Unit (UMF) to receive pertinent medical attention.
It is essential that if they are within the age groups or have risk factors, they must be vaccinated against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and complete their scheme to be protected.
The Institute also has the telephone number 800 2222 668, where medical personnel provides guidance and recommendations to prevent COVID-19.
Finally, the specialist reiterated that these recommendations are for the general population but in particular, for those who have a chronic degenerative or immunological disease should follow them in order to avoid further complications.
Leave a Comment