The Center for Economic and Business Research expects that mark to be broken thanks to the post-pandemic recovery.
(LONDON – Agencies) – The global economy is forecast to surpass $100 trillion for the first time in 2022, two years earlier than previously forecasted, according to the Center for Economic and Business Research.
Global Gross Domestic Producer will be boosted by continued recovery from the pandemic. However, if inflation persists, policymakers may find it challenging to keep their economies from slipping back into recession, the London-based think tank said.
“The important issue for the 2020s is how global economies cope with inflation,” opined Douglas McWilliams, the center’s vice president. “We expect a relatively modest adjustment to bring the non-transitory elements under control. Otherwise, the world should brace for a recession in 2023 or 2024″, he warned.
Here are other predictions from the Center for Economic and Business Research:
– China will overtake the United States in 2030, two years later than 2020.
– Next year, India will regain sixth place from France and become the third-largest economy in 2031, one year later than previously forecast.
– DESPITE BREXIT, the UK economy is on track to be 16 percent larger than France in 2036 despite Brexit.
– Germany will overtake the Japanese economy in 2033.
– Climate change will reduce consumer spending by $2 trillion per year on average through 2036 as businesses pass on the cost of decarbonizing investment.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
“We Tour 2022” kicked off at Mérida’s Palacio de la Música
The “We Tour 2022” is a.
Important changes to know for this year’s tax season in the US
Tax season is upon us and.
AMLO’s government accused of cutting down 20,000 trees in Quintana Roo to build the Maya Train
According to CR Comunicación, the Federal.
Omicron hinders the economic recovery of Yucatan (SEFOE)
The Secretary of Economic Development insisted.
Low temperatures will return to Yucatan on the weekend
Cold front number 24 will arrive.
Vacancies open on the Maya Train as personnel did not return to work after Christmas break
VALLADOLID – After Christmas vacations, the.
Perfume line with a regional flair
Scents inspired by the Yucatán peninsula.
According to the City Council, the Mérida Fest was no reason for the increase in infections
The Mérida Fest ended on Sunday,.
Without permits, 4 thousand fishing boats in Yucatan
In Yucatan there are no windows.
John Kerry, the U.S. special envoy on climate change says the planet is “not on a good track”
The world is “not on a.