The Center for Economic and Business Research expects that mark to be broken thanks to the post-pandemic recovery.
(LONDON – Agencies) – The global economy is forecast to surpass $100 trillion for the first time in 2022, two years earlier than previously forecasted, according to the Center for Economic and Business Research.
Global Gross Domestic Producer will be boosted by continued recovery from the pandemic. However, if inflation persists, policymakers may find it challenging to keep their economies from slipping back into recession, the London-based think tank said.
“The important issue for the 2020s is how global economies cope with inflation,” opined Douglas McWilliams, the center’s vice president. “We expect a relatively modest adjustment to bring the non-transitory elements under control. Otherwise, the world should brace for a recession in 2023 or 2024″, he warned.
Here are other predictions from the Center for Economic and Business Research:
– China will overtake the United States in 2030, two years later than 2020.
– Next year, India will regain sixth place from France and become the third-largest economy in 2031, one year later than previously forecast.
– DESPITE BREXIT, the UK economy is on track to be 16 percent larger than France in 2036 despite Brexit.
– Germany will overtake the Japanese economy in 2033.
– Climate change will reduce consumer spending by $2 trillion per year on average through 2036 as businesses pass on the cost of decarbonizing investment.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Peninsular Electric Expo is inaugurated by Governor Vila Dosal at Merida’s Siglo XXI
During the first edition of the.
President Joe Biden condemns Supreme Court abortion ruling
WASHINGTON DC — In sharp and.
Grupo Xcaret’s Xibalbá Park in Valladolid is still in stand by due to environmental reasons
The controversy surrounding the construction of.
A tropical wave off the African coast moving west has a 60% chance of becoming a threat to the Peninsula
The tropical wave off the African.
Motorcyclist run over in Tizimín dies on her way to the hospital
On Thursday, June 23rd, a woman.
Ways To Promote Creativity in Your Training Team
If you think creativity works only.
One dead after a fatal accident in Uman
On Thursday, June 23, in Umán,.
Subject accused of attempted femicide in Mérida is arrested in Tabasco
A subject accused of exercising violence.
Mexico registers 16,133 new COVID cases in the last 24 hours
Mexico reported 16,133 new COVID-19 cases.
Banxico makes record rate increase
The Bank of Mexico on Thursday,.