Mérida, Yucatán, (October 21, 2021).- The state coordinator of the National Aquaculture and Fisheries Commission (Conapesca), Mauro Cristales Márquez reported that from August 1st to October 19th, 18,028 tons of the mollusk have been captured, the men of the sea are about to exceed 19,600 tons that had been set as a goal last year.
He said that last year, out of 19,600 tons of octopus, only 13,034 tons were caught between August 1st and December 31st; it was a bad season for those who depend on the capture of the mollusk.
He added that from August 1st to October 18th, 2021, a total of 18,028 tons of the octopod have already been caught, 90 percent is of the Maya pink species, and the remaining 10 percent is of the Vulgaris patón species.
He clarified that there is no catch quota in 2021, this fishery that began on August 1 and ends on December 15, will undoubtedly exceed more than 20 thousand tons, which will leave good economic income to the social and industrial sectors.
Finally, Cristales Márquez added that from July 1st to October 18th, 325 tons of lobster were already captured, and from April 1 to October 18, 3,131 tons of grouper were already captured; These two catches go well although not excellent like the catch of the octopus.
The Yucatan Times Newsroom
more recommended stories
3 cases of dengue and 2 of influenza have been registered so far this year in Yucatan
With the confirmation of a new.
Yucatan hoteliers glimpse encouraging outlook for the Christmas Holiday season
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (November 29, 2021).- For.
Scorpion venom molecules could fight bacteria and cancer cells: UNAM
One of the components of the.
While Ómicron threatens the world, AMLO summons the people to meet at Mexico City’s Zocalo
While Ómicron threatens the world, AMLO.
Yari, 35 years old, decided to end her life in front of her relatives in Mérida
The woman spent about seven hours.
Croatian Mili Poljicak is proclaimed champion of the 34th Yucatán Junior Tennis World Cup
Croatian tennis player Mili Poljicak was.
American arrested in Cancun after his partner was found dead in a hotel room
Cancun, Q.R. — An American man.
Tourism increases risk of contagion of COVID-19 of the new variant Omicron
Travelers arrive to Mexico from countries.
Pharmaceuticals Value Soars By Omicron; earned USD$ 51.44 billion
Speculation about whether they will have.
Mexico reports 1,500 new cases of Covid-19 and 38 deaths in the last 24 hours
The 10 states of the country.