The mother of the young José Ravelo explained that she rejects the version of the Attorney General’s Office and said she was outraged because she was not notified about the results.
MEXICO, (October 29, 2021).- Relatives of José Ravelo, a young man who allegedly died after being detained by municipal police in Mérida , Yucatán, rejected the opinion presented by the Attorney General’s Office (FGR) in which it is assured that he died due to pneumonia and not because of the blows that he allegedly suffered.
María Ravelo, mother of the young man, explained that she rejects the version of the Prosecutor’s Office and said she was outraged because she was not notified but found out through the media.
She indicated that his lawyers are still analyzing the investigation folder, so an opinion could not yet be given on the matter and that he will proceed against the Prosecutor’s Office.
“Of course I don’t think so, no way that my son is going to rape himself, he is going to hit himself; they have to give me a broad explanation of what they are saying, they have to prove me how it was that my son raped and hit himself, ” she explained.
She indicated that she will travel to Mexico City to meet with members of the FGR after rejecting the ruling.
The Attorney General’s Office (FGR) of Mexico ruled out on Thursday that the young José Ravelo, allegedly abused and killed by police officers, was raped by police officers and detailed that he died due to pneumonia.
“The investigation of the events confirmed that there was no torture or rape by the arresting elements of the Municipal Police ,” the FGR shared in a bulletin.
Ravelo was detained on July 21 by Yucatan policemen and, after his arrest, he spent four days in intensive care at a hospital, where they detected a perforated lung and tears in his anus, according to his mother, María Ravelo, reported at the time.
But on August 13, four accused officers were released because the judge said there was insufficient evidence.
For its part, the Executive Commission for Attention to Victims (CEAV) expressed its “surprise at the conclusive statements made by the Prosecutor’s Office on the case, since the investigation is in an inconclusive preliminary phase.”
The CEAV claimed lack of sensitivity and had not previously notified the family, who claimed to have found out through the media.
“The family of José Eduardo , like anyone who approaches a prosecutor’s office in search of justice, deserves a dignified and priority treatment in access to information about his case,” they stated.
Finally, the CEAV urged the Prosecutor’s Office to detail the criminal actions that it will carry out against the General Prosecutor’s Office of the State of Yucatan for the probable alteration of evidence by ministerial officials.
Source: López Dóriga
The Yucatan Times Newsroom
more recommended stories
3 cases of dengue and 2 of influenza have been registered so far this year in Yucatan
With the confirmation of a new.
Yucatan hoteliers glimpse encouraging outlook for the Christmas Holiday season
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (November 29, 2021).- For.
Scorpion venom molecules could fight bacteria and cancer cells: UNAM
One of the components of the.
While Ómicron threatens the world, AMLO summons the people to meet at Mexico City’s Zocalo
While Ómicron threatens the world, AMLO.
Yari, 35 years old, decided to end her life in front of her relatives in Mérida
The woman spent about seven hours.
Croatian Mili Poljicak is proclaimed champion of the 34th Yucatán Junior Tennis World Cup
Croatian tennis player Mili Poljicak was.
American arrested in Cancun after his partner was found dead in a hotel room
Cancun, Q.R. — An American man.
Tourism increases risk of contagion of COVID-19 of the new variant Omicron
Travelers arrive to Mexico from countries.
Pharmaceuticals Value Soars By Omicron; earned USD$ 51.44 billion
Speculation about whether they will have.
Mexico reports 1,500 new cases of Covid-19 and 38 deaths in the last 24 hours
The 10 states of the country.