World Tourism Day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of tourism and its effect on social, cultural, political and economic values globally.
September 27, 2021.- World Tourism Day is celebrated every year on September 27. The day was first proclaimed in 1970 and United Nations World Tourism Organization declared it as an international observance. The day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of tourism and its effect on social, cultural, political and economic values globally. With travel restrictions easing in many countries around the world, the travel freaks are all set to venture out and complete their pending bucket list.
However, it is imperative to remember the Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines imposed for safe travels. Here are some of the things that you must keep in mind while planning to travel domestic as well as international destinations.
WORLD TOURISM DAY 2021: PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR SAFE TRAVEL
1. First, check the travel restrictions and important guidelines imposed on certain locations. Some places have requested a period of quarantine, while others require medical certificates declaring that you are Covid-19 free. It is best to follow these guidelines to ensure a safe trip without any unforeseen consequences.
2. Research about destinations and have a safe and comfortable trip. There are several websites where you can get brief information about the destination and know about accommodation options and local sights.
3. Make a list of the things and places that you want to explore and plan accordingly.
4. Prepare a list of essentials like id cards, hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes, tissues, face masks, hair caps, face shields etc. that you need to carry for your safe travel.
5. Maintain Covid-19 safety precautions like avoiding touching devices, surfaces, ATMs, escalators, lift buttons etc as much as you can. If you need to touch such surfaces, sanitize your hand properly.
6. Minimise human contact and use technology as much as possible.
7. Sanitise your surroundings like your seat, tray table, armrest, seat flap etc with a disinfectant spray or wipe.
8. Drink packaged water and consume packaged food.
9. Lastly, if you are feeling sick then stay at home as people also need to be safe around you. In this way, you can prevent the virus from spreading.
UNWTO invites its Member States, as well as non-members, sister UN agencies, businesses and individuals to celebrate tourism’s unique ability to ensure that nobody is left behind as the world begins to open up again and look to the future.
World Tourism Day, celebrated each year on 27 September, is the global observance day fostering awareness of tourism’s social, cultural, political and economic value and the contribution that the sector can make towards reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
President Joe Biden warns Vladimir Putin of consequences in case of a Russian invasion of Ukraine
WASHINGTON — President Biden warned Russian.
Former President Felipe Calderón accuses AMLO of “Fake News”
MEXICO, (December 07, 2021).- The former.
Environmentalists call to report animal abuse in Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche
They have registered up to six.
Traditional ‘Burning of the Old Man’ will be prohibited this New Year’s Eve in Progreso
Traditional end-of-year activity will be prohibited.
Yucatecan tour operators reinforce security measures to receive cruise passengers
Expectations for 2022 are positive, but.
Geminid meteor shower will coincide with comet Leonard in Yucatan
Starting on December 12th, the sky.
The Electric Reform has nothing to do with ideology, says Rocío Nahle
Before senators, the Energy Secretary, Rocío.
More than 100 Haitian migrants arrive in Campeche
San Francisco de Campeche, (December 07,.
Flunked! UN Committee condemns Mexico in combating forced disappearance
They deliver a preliminary report on.
Tenants of Municipal Markets of Mérida have all Christmas items in clearance
Mérida, Yucatán, (December 07, 2021).- In.