World Tourism Day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of tourism and its effect on social, cultural, political and economic values globally.
September 27, 2021.- World Tourism Day is celebrated every year on September 27. The day was first proclaimed in 1970 and United Nations World Tourism Organization declared it as an international observance. The day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of tourism and its effect on social, cultural, political and economic values globally. With travel restrictions easing in many countries around the world, the travel freaks are all set to venture out and complete their pending bucket list.
However, it is imperative to remember the Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines imposed for safe travels. Here are some of the things that you must keep in mind while planning to travel domestic as well as international destinations.
WORLD TOURISM DAY 2021: PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR SAFE TRAVEL
1. First, check the travel restrictions and important guidelines imposed on certain locations. Some places have requested a period of quarantine, while others require medical certificates declaring that you are Covid-19 free. It is best to follow these guidelines to ensure a safe trip without any unforeseen consequences.
2. Research about destinations and have a safe and comfortable trip. There are several websites where you can get brief information about the destination and know about accommodation options and local sights.
3. Make a list of the things and places that you want to explore and plan accordingly.
4. Prepare a list of essentials like id cards, hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes, tissues, face masks, hair caps, face shields etc. that you need to carry for your safe travel.
5. Maintain Covid-19 safety precautions like avoiding touching devices, surfaces, ATMs, escalators, lift buttons etc as much as you can. If you need to touch such surfaces, sanitize your hand properly.
6. Minimise human contact and use technology as much as possible.
7. Sanitise your surroundings like your seat, tray table, armrest, seat flap etc with a disinfectant spray or wipe.
8. Drink packaged water and consume packaged food.
9. Lastly, if you are feeling sick then stay at home as people also need to be safe around you. In this way, you can prevent the virus from spreading.
UNWTO invites its Member States, as well as non-members, sister UN agencies, businesses and individuals to celebrate tourism’s unique ability to ensure that nobody is left behind as the world begins to open up again and look to the future.
World Tourism Day, celebrated each year on 27 September, is the global observance day fostering awareness of tourism’s social, cultural, political and economic value and the contribution that the sector can make towards reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
more recommended stories
Due to lack of registrations, AFAD cancels pet sterilization campaign
The president of AFAD indicated that.
State authorities say that 21,000 Campeche citizens do not have a valid voter ID
Citizens who are in this situation.
Maya senior citizen loses the battle to Covid at age 104 in Kinchil, Yucatan
“Don Lindo”, in the last two.
Rural Police Chief causes traffic accident in Chetumal, Quintana Roo
Chief of the Rural Police of.
After contracting Omicron, Mayor Renan Barrera asks citizens to take care of themselves and their loved ones
Mayor Renan Barrera contracted Covid-19 days.
Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger involved in multi-vehicle accident
The crash happened around 4:35 p.m..
Frontier Airlines will fly to Cancun out of Hobby Airport in Houston, TX
Frontier Airlines is coming to Hobby Airport!.
Clothing industry businessmen predict a better outlook for 2022 in Yucatan
Yucatecan businessmen assure that despite the.
Ford shuts off orders for New “Assembled in Mexico” $20,000 Maverick Pickup trucks
Ford F -4.12% Motor Co. is taking the unusual.
Lufthansa and Air France join forces against European Union’s climate plans for aviation
An alliance of airlines and airports.