Mérida, Yucatán.- The state government presented a proposal for the construction of the Gran Parque La Plancha project that consists of selling 30% of the surface of the 37-hectare site and the remaining 70% would be complemented in the original project for the green lung of the city center.
Mauricio Vila informed that the determination to remove the project from the railroad station forced a loss of close to 12 billion pesos in investments, so now the proposal is to sell 30% of the space for real estate projects and use the proceeds from the sale to build the park.
“The proposal was well received by the federal authorities and it is feasible that it can be materialized, which will allow the federal government not to spend resources on this project and to materialize the Gran Parque La Plancha,” he said.
Félix Rubio Villanueva, activist, and promoter of the Gran Parque La Plancha project, pointed out that they will seek a meeting with the State Executive to know the proposal and establish the conditions presented by the federal government. The land in question has an area of 37.8 hectares, however, it is subdivided, since one hectare was given to the UNAM for the Museum of Light, which is already under construction.
In addition, 5 hectares have been awarded to the businessman Roberto Hernandez, 3 belong to SCT where antennas and the Railroad Museum are located, leaving 26.9 hectares free for the park project. It would be important to establish what space can be sold for a real estate project that would be a little more than 83 thousand square meters -8 hectares 300 meters-.
“La Plancha needs to become that green lung so necessary for the city for Merida, a space for citizens to coexist in a healthy environment,” Félix Rubio Villanueva said.
more recommended stories
Influenza season ends with six deaths in Yucatan
The 2021-2022 seasonal influenza season concluded.
Bull escapes and injures a seven-year-old boy in Espita Yucatán
On Friday May 20th, a bull.
Due to excessively expensive municipal operating licenses, tourists and locals were left without beer in Progreso, Yucatan
After all the Six beer agencies.
Covid-19 in Yucatan: ”The pandemic is not over yet”, expert warns about summer vacations
The gradual rebound in Covid-19 infections.
IMSS Yucatan makes a public recognition to Nursing Staff
The Mexican Institute of Social Security.
Xcaret postpones the 14th edition of the Sacred Maya Journey
The return of the traditional Sacred.
A woman is crushed to death when a tree falls on top of her car on the Mérida-Valladolid highway
A strange accident happened on Thursday,.
With these local flowers, you help prevent the loss of bees in Yucatan
Every May 20, World Bee Day.
US government officials talk about UFOs publicly for the first time in 50 years
Two senior U.S. defense intelligence officials.
The US Embassy to invest 30 million USD in the “South of Mexico Generating Employment and Sustainability” program
In alliance with seven governments from.