Mèrida, Yucatàn (April 21, 2021).- The creation of the Margarita cocktail dates back to 1942 in a cantina (bar) in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico. It is considered the most popular cocktail in Mexico and can be found in any bar or restaurant where it is offered as an aperitif. Usually served in a single glass, it is a hat-cut designer glass, usually with a cobalt blue rim.
This recipe is for the Classic Margarita Cocktail, with its combination of tequila, lemon juice, natural syrup, and triple sec, although you can also use Cointreau, garnished with orange or lemon slices. Today there are endless recipes for a margarita, found in flavors such as chaya, mango, strawberry, pineapple, cherry, endless possibilities, and combinations to prepare a cocktail, but, I am old-fashioned and I take the classics. Be careful drinking this cocktail, it is a bit strong.
Have fun responsibly!
How to prepare a Margarita Cocktail
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice plus extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of natural syrup *
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons Noble Reposado tequila
- 1 ½ tablespoons triple dry liqueur
- 1 slice of lemon to decorate
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup forms. About 3 minutes. Chill before using to make the cocktail.
- Brush the rim of a cocktail glass with lime juice. Spread the salt on a small plate and dip the edge of the glass into it to cover it. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Put some ice in a cocktail blender and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and shake vigorously until a mist forms on the outside of the mixer.
- Add to the prepared cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon wedge.
The recipe is from Mexico, the cookbook indicates to use 1 ½ tablespoons of syrup. I adjusted it to my liking and to suit my homemade syrup recipe.
You can buy the natural syrup at your local supermarket or make the above recipe the way I make it at home; You’ll have enough syrup to make 8 margaritas or reserve it to sweeten your favorite tea or beverages.
Source: Mèxico en mi cocina
more recommended stories
Earth will become one big Supercontinent again
Geoscientists say Earth will be home to one.
Atlantic Hurricane Season 2022 to start June 1st
Federal meteorologists are forecasting a record-shattering.
British drummer Alan White dies at 72
Alan White, the British drummer who.
Andy Fletcher Depeche Mode co-founder dies at age 60
Depeche Mode Keyboardist Andy ‘Fletch’ Fletcher.
Ray Liotta, ‘Goodfellas’ star and gifted character actor, dies at 67
Ray Liotta, the actor best known.
Photographic essay: Colombia elections, a reality not too far away from Mexico’s
Colombia will host Presidential elections this.
Ellen Ochoa, the first Latino woman to go to space published her “Dr. Ochoa’s Stellar World” book series
Lil’ Libros Publishing has acquired world.
The Rally Maya Mexico 2022 has begun in Cancun
On Sunday, May 22nd, the Rally.
Bazara LGBT+, a containment space for inclusion celebrated its first anniversary in Merida
On May 22, the Bazara LGBT+,.
Motorcycle club will hold a great ride next weekend in Progreso
Next Saturday, May 28, and Sunday,.