More than 60 million people in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 31.3 million are fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported Monday.
The 92 million doses administered means 18.1 percent of the U.S. population has gotten at least one COVID-19 shot, and Andy Slavitt, a public health official who now works at the Biden White House, breaks that down by age group.
More than 60 million people in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 31.3 million are fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported Monday. The 92 million doses administered means 18.1 percent of the U.S. population has gotten at least one COVID-19 shot, and Andy Slavitt, a public health official who now works at the Biden White House, breaks that down by age group.https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1369038943149318149&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2F1-4-u-adults-gotten-051400061.html&siteScreenName=YahooNews&theme=light&widgetsVersion=e1ffbdb%3A1614796141937&width=550px
That means about 1 in 4 U.S. adults has been inoculated and 12 percent can now, the CDC suggests, resume some semblance of a normal social life. Here are some other numbers from the accelerating COVID-19 vaccination drive:
- 2.2 million COVID-19 shots now administered daily in the U.S., in the seven-day average
- 0 percent of Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot vaccine included in the CDC’s numbers as of Sunday night
- 44 percent of fully vaccinated U.S. adults, and about half of all adults, are anxious about re-entering normal life, according to soon-to-be published data from the American Psychological Association
- 25.8 percent of New Mexico’s population has gotten at least one vaccine dose
- 15.8 percent of Alaska’s population is fully vaccinated
- 13.3 percent of Georgia’s population has gotten at least one vaccine dose
- 6.6 percent of Utah’s population is fully vaccinated
- 100 percent of K-12 teachers are eligible to get vaccinated in the U.S. as of Monday — “though the situation is more straightforward in some states than others,” The New York Times notes
- 312 million does (at least) have been administered worldwide in 116 countries, according to Bloomberg‘s tally.
Source: The Week
more recommended stories
Degenerate subject rapes an 11-year-old girl with the help of his daughter in Ticul
Tekax, Yucatàn, May 05, 2021.- Miguel.
El Güero Palma will remain in detention for “unclear” complaint: AMLO
The Mexican president said that the.
In Mexico more than 1 million teachers have been vaccinated: SEP
The head of the SEP, Delfina.
I am “at the entire disposal” of the authorities: Marcelo Ebrard
MEXICO CITY, May 05, 2021.- The Secretary.
Playa del Carmen taxi drivers are preparing an online platform for women only
PLAYA DELCAMEN, Q. R., May 05,.
5 de Mayo: The most celebrated Mexican holiday in the US
The Battle of Puebla is more.
Mexico City prosecutor’s office opens homicide investigation after collapse of Metro overpass
MÈXICO, May 05, 2021.- The Attorney.
Jealousy fight ends in tragedy in Prados de Chuburná subdivision
MÉRIDA, Yucatán.- A jealous argument between a young couple ended in.
In Cancun, authorities are looking for the leader of a criminal cell that attacks public transport vehicles
In recent days there have been.
Julián Zacarías, candidate for Mayor of Progreso, fraternizes with a family in Chicxulub Puerto
Progreso, Yucatán, (May 05, 2021).- The.