The US election count extended into its third day as the final states tally their ballots, with Democratic candidate Joe Biden creeping closer to victory.
Several states are yet to finish counting their ballots, including some of the most competitive battlegrounds. Biden has more paths to the 270-vote threshold for victory in the Electoral College than the incumbent, President Donald Trump.
- Biden has 253 electoral votes locked in, while incumbent President Donald Trump has 214.
- The states Biden’s won: Vermont (3), Virginia (13), Delaware (3), Rhode Island (4), New Jersey (14), Massachusetts (11), Nebraska CD2 (1), Maryland (10), Illinois (20), Connecticut (7), New Mexico (5), New York (29), District of Columbia (3), Colorado (9), California (55), Oregon (7), Washington state (12), Hawaii (4), New Hampshire (4), Minnesota (10), Maine (3), Wisconsin (10), Michigan (16).
- The states Trump’s won: South Carolina (9), Kentucky (8), West Virginia (5), Oklahoma (7), Tennessee (11), Mississippi (6), Alabama (9), Arkansas (6), Indiana (11), Wyoming (3), South Dakota (3), North Dakota (3), Louisiana (8), Nebraska (4), Kansas (6), Missouri (10), Idaho (4), Utah (6), Maine CD2 (1), Florida (29), Ohio (18), Montana (3), Iowa (6), Texas (38).
- States still up-for-grabs: Nevada (6), Arizona (11), Georgia (16), North Carolina (15), Pennsylvania (20), Alaska (3).
- Lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign in Michigan and Georgia have been dismissed, while another has been filed in Nevada, where Biden holds a slim lead.
- Mail-in votes, counted last in most states, are heavily favoring Biden, with the Democrats saying they’re confident of victory even in states where they’re currently behind.
- Trump has spoken publicly for the first time since election day, making a range of unsubstantiated claims about fraud, claiming he will win “easily”, even if it means going to the Supreme Court.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Mérida Airport will be able to receive up to 4.5 million passengers per year
In February 2021, the first stage.
Racist Christians tore down California’s Monolith. – Video.
“We don’t want illegals from Mexico.
Felipa Obrador and Pío López: AMLO’s relatives pointed out by corruption and nepotism.
The most recent corruption case in.
Museums and archaeological sites reopen their doors in Yucatan
After a few hours of a.
Locals block main access to the Bachoco poultry farm in Hunucmá
Hunucmá, Yucatan (December 4, 2020).- Residents.
‘Heladez’ comes to the Yucatan
‘Heladez’ is expected in Yucatan due.
In the face of COVID’s upsurge, AMLO asks people to stay home in December
With the upsurge in cases of.
Yucatan archaeological sites closed due to problems with the Union
MÉRIDA.- Today, Friday, December 4th, at.
AMLO says Trump helped him get COVID vaccine
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s president.
Trump’s Wall ‘Absolutely Devastating’ for People and Wildlife
President-elect Joe Biden’s pledge to halt.