Javier Corral Jurado, governor of Chihuahua, reported at a press conference that this entity in the north of the country returns to the red color of the epidemiological traffic light as of Friday, October 23, given the rebound in active cases of coronavirus ( COVID-19 ), numbers of people hospitalized and deaths from this disease, in addition to the fear that health centers will be overwhelmed during the health emergency.
Wearing a face mask, the governor of Chihuahua commented that this decision was adopted to ” take care of lives and protect the health of citizens”; He did not specify how much it will delay the red of the epidemiological traffic light, since “it will depend on all the Chihuahuan society to overcome this situation“.
Some of the measures that will be taken in Chihuahua are:
- Fines will be applied to people who do not wear a mask
- There will be “dry law” throughout the state, Thursday through Sunday.
- Activities will be suspended again and capacity control at public points.
- There will be a “fine and arrest” for those who hold parties: “that has been one of the main sources of the increase in infections .”
- Surveillance and sanction operation of public transport and the transport of workers.
- From Monday to Wednesday, “the restriction of hours until six in the afternoon will be restored .”
- Traffic officers will fine people who drive vehicles with more than two passengers.
- Vigilance Committee will sanction clandestine facilities that promote congregations of any kind.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Despite a weaker dollar, the peso fell sharply.
This depreciation is associated with internal.
2% of the Merida population has been infected with Covid-19
As of today, two percent of.
Mexican economy ended 2020 stronger than first estimated
MEXICO CITY, Feb 25 (Reuters) –.
Temperatures up to 35 degrees this Thursday in Yucatan
No chance of rain MÉRIDA, Yucatan.
Russian Sputnik V vaccine starts to be administered in Mexico
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican authorities.
AMLO says Mexico doing better than the US on virus
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican President.
Emma Coronel facing life in prison and 10 million USD fine
The wife of Mexican drug lord.
AMLO urges US authorities to provide more information on the Emma Coronel case
AMLO declared on Tuesday, Feb. 24th,.
Canine honored for improving the mental health of thousands of people
Max, a Springer Spaniel, became the.
AMLO says the UN is doing nothing to stop vaccine hoarding
The president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel.