Change in Services Notice – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (October 20th, 2020)
Effective October 20, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and Consulates General Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Matamoros, Merida, Monterrey, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and Tijuana will resume limited appointments for some routine passport, citizenship, and notarial services. Passport, citizenship, and notary appointment availability will be strictly limited due to physical distancing requirements in our offices and public waiting rooms. Each applicant requires their own appointment. All visitors to the embassy and consulates age two and older must wear a mask.
At this time, Consulate General Ciudad Juarez and Consular Agencies Acapulco, Los Cabos, Cancun, Mazatlan, Oaxaca, Playa del Carmen, Piedras Negras, Puerto Vallarta, and San Miguel de Allende, are only able to provide emergency services. Please contact these locations by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 for more information on the availability of emergency passport or notarial services at these consulates and consular agencies.
Appointments for passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) and for notarial services are available on our website.
Due to the limited number of appointments available, there may be no openings visible on the website. If no appointments are available when you first check the online calendar, please keep checking the calendar for newly released appointments and daily cancelations. All appointments and openings are subject to change and cancellation based on local health conditions.
If you cannot find an open appointment and have urgent travel plans (within the next month) or another emergency need for a passport, please contact the location nearest you by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 to request an emergency appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
- Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
- The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at: Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México, Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005, E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
By U.S. Mission to Mexico | 20 October, 2020 |
Go to original
more recommended stories
Ticul will have a hospital; AMLO announces agreement to finish abandoned work
President Andrés Manuel López Obrador announced this.
Suspect who escaped from justice is arrested in Merida
Mérida, Yucatán, March 5, 2021.- In.
Mauricio Vila wants to adhere to the national agreement in favor of democracy
Andrés Manuel López Obrador, president of.
Nude photos taken in Merida Parque Las Americas posted online
MÉRIDA, YUCATAN (March 6, 20219.- The.
Authorities install a module for free oxygen recharge in Mérida
The module, installed in the Parque.
AMLO refers to Mauricio Vila as a “serious and responsible leader”
YUCATAN, MEXICO (March 5, 2021).- President.
Democrats battle for U.S. Senate passage of Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 aid bill
The U.S. Senate on Saturday inched.
Facebook and Instagram to control political advertisements in Mexico.
Both platforms seek to have greater.
Quintana Roo’s tourism reactivation will take place until the middle of the year. – AMLO
López Obrador, now a tourism expert,.
The U.S. Dollar continues to rise.
This is the exchange rate in.