Change in Services Notice – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (October 20th, 2020)
Effective October 20, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and Consulates General Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Matamoros, Merida, Monterrey, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and Tijuana will resume limited appointments for some routine passport, citizenship, and notarial services. Passport, citizenship, and notary appointment availability will be strictly limited due to physical distancing requirements in our offices and public waiting rooms. Each applicant requires their own appointment. All visitors to the embassy and consulates age two and older must wear a mask.
At this time, Consulate General Ciudad Juarez and Consular Agencies Acapulco, Los Cabos, Cancun, Mazatlan, Oaxaca, Playa del Carmen, Piedras Negras, Puerto Vallarta, and San Miguel de Allende, are only able to provide emergency services. Please contact these locations by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 for more information on the availability of emergency passport or notarial services at these consulates and consular agencies.
Appointments for passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) and for notarial services are available on our website.
Due to the limited number of appointments available, there may be no openings visible on the website. If no appointments are available when you first check the online calendar, please keep checking the calendar for newly released appointments and daily cancelations. All appointments and openings are subject to change and cancellation based on local health conditions.
If you cannot find an open appointment and have urgent travel plans (within the next month) or another emergency need for a passport, please contact the location nearest you by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 to request an emergency appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
- Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
- The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at: Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México, Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005, E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
By U.S. Mission to Mexico | 20 October, 2020 |
Go to original
more recommended stories
14-year-old boy commits suicide in Chemax, Yucatan
An adolescent of just 14 years.
Active and healthy lifestyle in people with chronic diseases, avoids complications from Covid
To avoid complications in the event.
Man is sentenced to 6 months for “groping” a flight attendant
A Canadian man has been sentenced.
The “Investment lots” in Yucatan. A bubble about to burst.
Buyers beware! Log in to any.
A 3-foot-long creature with scales found during drug bust at Texas home
A tip from Crime Stoppers led.
Legends of the Maya: The Mockingbird, the Nightingale, and the Yuuya
God once said that he wanted.
Progreso dogs are being sent to Canada thanks to generous, altruistic work at Ginger’s Jungle
An animal rescue initiative in Progreso.
According to Interpol and DEA, mafias from 12 countries operate in Quintana Roo
A DEA report revealed that the.
Trans activist member of AMLO’s Morena party murdered in Mexico City
Ximena García activist of the LGBTIII.
Illegal cockfighting raid in Valladolid
Nine arrested in Valladolid, including one.