Delish (July 4, 2020).- Wondering what you’re going to make tonight? These grilled chicken tacos are the answer. All the deliciousness of elote or esquites in taco form—and you don’t even have to fire up the grill. Oh, and did we mention you can get them on the table in 30 minutes?
Have you made this yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
- YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 c. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 green onions, chopped, with white and light green parts separated from dark green parts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp. grated cotija cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. lime juice, divided; plus wedges for serving
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced3 c.
- Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced.
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- In a large cast iron skillet over high, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add fresh or frozen corn and white and light green parts of the green onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing halfway through, until charred in places, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer corn into a large bowl and wipe the skillet. Let corn cool slightlyand toss with cilantro, cotija cheese, dark parts of the green onion, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, and jalapeño.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium heat. Add remaining tablespoon oil and frozen chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is warm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, make your taco topping: Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, the remaining 2 teaspoons of lime juice, chili powder, and paprika until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using tongs, hold each tortilla directly over a gas flame, turning, until heated through, about 5 seconds.
- Serve tortillas stuffed with chicken, avocado, and the corn mixture. Dollop with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with more cotija cheese. Serve warm with lime wedges.
IMPORTANT NOTE BY THE YUCATAN TIMES: You can skip the whole preparation process by just buying the esquites from a local street vendor, add avocado (and maybe more cotija cheese), get yourself some corn tortillas and get ready to enjoy your tacos!
by LAURA REGE
Recipe DeveloperLaura Rege is a Food Stylist and Recipe Developer who regularly contributes recipes and styles videos and photos for Delish.
more recommended stories
Potential COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University will be produced in Mexico
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A potential.
The New Master Distiller of Patrón Tequila is David Rodriguez
Rodriguez was previously Patrón’s director general.
US police officers set dog on black man and say ‘good boy, good boy’ as it bites his leg
A police dog in Salt Lake City was ordered to.
Authorities’ actions deemed outrageous
Said Adelaida Salas Salazar, representative of.
Yucatecan scientists analyze the use of lionfish venom to treat Alzheimer’s
MÉRIDA.- The poisonous substance of the.
Chinese Association of Yucatan donates 30,000 mask for citizens
The Mayor of Merida receives the.
Yucatecan offers free transportation to curfew “victims”
YUCATAN (Times Media Mexico).-Mobility restrictions in.
Covid’s vaccines to be tested in Mexico: agreements with three companies
MEXICO CITY – The Mexican government.
In Mexico, 2 out of 10 patients with comorbidities die from COVID-19.
According to the Ministry of Health,.
“Dry law” will continue.
In Yucatan, the Dry Law will.