MÉRIDA, YUCATAN (June 5, 2020).- A fire caused by a short circuit interrupted the tranquility of an elderly man who slept during the rainy morning of this Friday, June 5th, inside his home in Colonia Industrial.
The mishap occurred at the home of Jorge M.B., 85, located on the corner of Calle 41 with Calle 36 in the aforementioned neighborhood.
According to the man, around 5 in the morning, he perceived a burning smell that woke him up and when he got up, he observed that one of the electrical outlets was on fire.
The fire spread to nearby items, so he quickly went out on the street and called for help.
Authorities and two fire trucks arrived at the scene, controlling the flames in a matter of minutes.
Fortunately, the man woke up on time and managed to get out, the fire consumed a television, a computer, clothes and other things inside the house.
It was confirmed that a short circuit in the house wiring caused the fire.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Río Lagartos fishermen remove their nets in favor of Flamingo
Fishermen from Río Lagartos and staff.
State government delivers 600 sacks of sorghum seed and 250 of sugar to farmers
Tekax, Yucatán (January 23, 2021).- Producers.
Gustavo Rodríguez Vega, Archbishop of Yucatán tests positive for Covid
MÉRIDA, YUCATAN (January 23, 2021).- This.
Mexican Alejandro Lemus breaks freediving world record in Yucatan cenote
Cenotillo, Yucatán (January 23, 2020).- With.
Hundreds of National Guard agents tested positive for Covid.
The problem was exacerbated when thousands.
In Mexico 12 airports will conduct COVID tests for those traveling to the U.S.
This measure will begin to be.
United States, Mexico, and Guatemala close their borders to migrant caravans due to the pandemic.
Last Monday, Guatemalan police and soldiers.
Mexico’s COVID-19 pandemic out of control.
On Saturday, Mexico reported 149,844 deaths.
New suspension against Tren Maya in three areas of Yucatán.
The authorities will not be able.
Mérida City Council confirms cancellation of Carnival 2021
The Mérida City Council informs that.