President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador held his daily press conference from the state of Quintana Roo to mark the beginning of Mexico’s economic reopening and resume his tours across the country.
Quintana Roo, home to the famed beaches of Cancun and Tulum, will resume activities next week. The state, which depends heavily on tourism, has lost over 83,000 jobs in the last few months due to the pandemic, said governor Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez. The decision to reopen the tourism industry in the state has to do with a downward trend in contagion, he said and added the reopening will be slow and progressive.
- The president will kick-off the construction of the Maya Train this week. The fifth tranche of the project will be auctioned this month
- Lopez Obrador said the presidential plane might not return to Mexico given that a potential buyer has made an offer. The president said half of the payment would be made in cash and half in medical equipment, and that a decision should be reached in 15 to 20 days’ time. The government has unsuccessfully tried to sell the aircraft since Dec. 2018
- Low sargassum is expected for Mexico’s Caribbean beaches in the months of May through July, said Navy Minister Jose Rafael Ojeda. The foul-smelling algae have scared away tourism in previous years
- Mexico will focus on local tourism to reactivate the industry and try to attract U.S. and Canadian tourists in the winter season, said Tourism Minister Miguel Torruco.
- The government will recommend shutting down economic activity if Mexico experiences a new surge of COVID-19 cases during the reopening period, said Lopez Obrador
more recommended stories
Bomb Cyclone – Atmospheric River coming to blast the Western US
A series of potent storms is.
Demand for security in Tulum increases after the death of tourists
Citizens demand an end to the.
María José relatives demand justice in front of the Yucatán Government Palace
The relatives of Maria Jose demanded.
INEGI reports annual inflation of 6.12%, AMLO says it is temporary and there will be no peso devaluation
“The peso is in very good.
Cancun commemorates the 10th anniversary of the Paris-Cancun air route
Cancun, Quintana Roo, (October 22, 2021).-.
UANL stands as the most sustainable university in all of Mexico
The Autonomous University of Nuevo León.
Evo Morales thanks Mexico for “saving his life” 2 years ago
MEXICO, (October 22, 2021).- Almost two.
Biden under pressure as U.S.-Mexico border registers illegal immigration record figures
October 22, 2021, (Reuters) – U.S..
Sargasso from the Quintana Roo beaches rots in clandestine dumps
Tons of sargassum rot due to.
Yucatecan women the most affected by the educational lag
MÉRIDA, Yucatán (October 22, 2021).- “The educational.