President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador held his daily press conference from the state of Quintana Roo to mark the beginning of Mexico’s economic reopening and resume his tours across the country.
Quintana Roo, home to the famed beaches of Cancun and Tulum, will resume activities next week. The state, which depends heavily on tourism, has lost over 83,000 jobs in the last few months due to the pandemic, said governor Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez. The decision to reopen the tourism industry in the state has to do with a downward trend in contagion, he said and added the reopening will be slow and progressive.
- The president will kick-off the construction of the Maya Train this week. The fifth tranche of the project will be auctioned this month
- Lopez Obrador said the presidential plane might not return to Mexico given that a potential buyer has made an offer. The president said half of the payment would be made in cash and half in medical equipment, and that a decision should be reached in 15 to 20 days’ time. The government has unsuccessfully tried to sell the aircraft since Dec. 2018
- Low sargassum is expected for Mexico’s Caribbean beaches in the months of May through July, said Navy Minister Jose Rafael Ojeda. The foul-smelling algae have scared away tourism in previous years
- Mexico will focus on local tourism to reactivate the industry and try to attract U.S. and Canadian tourists in the winter season, said Tourism Minister Miguel Torruco.
- The government will recommend shutting down economic activity if Mexico experiences a new surge of COVID-19 cases during the reopening period, said Lopez Obrador
more recommended stories
Sister Universities of Yucatán join forces in the “Virtual Games”: 500 athletes are expected to participate
Mérida, Yucatán (May 06, 2021).- The.
Authorities arrest man for beating up his mother and sisters in Merida
Mérida, Yucatán, (May 06, 2021).- Jair.
Israel bans entry to travelers arriving from Mexico
The reason is that Mexico, along.
Biden offers help to Mexico in relation to the Metro Line 12 accident
“The United States joins the people.
Another fatal accident on the Merida-Cancun highway near the entrance to Hacienda Teya
Mérida, Yucatán, May 06, 2021.- A.
Tragedy On Metro L12: political and business negligence
The responsibility lies in poor budget.
CDMX Metro, a time bomb
The most worrying thing about the.
Carnival Cruise Line removes all July sailings from its website
Carnival Cruise Line has removed all.
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro receives samurai sword gift from actor Steven Seagal
CARACAS (Reuters) -Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Sheinbaum rules out resignation of Metro Director after tragic accident on Line 12
The Mayor of Mexico City assured.