U.S. Customs and Border Protection is advising travelers that travel restrictions across the border will continue until May 20, authorities said Thursday.
“Although individual states are phasing in reopening efforts, U.S. Customs and Border Protection advises the traveling public that restrictions on non-essential cross border travel continue to remain in effect through at least (May 20),” CBP said in a statement.
People traveling for tourism purposes, sightseeing, recreation, gambling or attending cultural events are not considered essential, according to federal officials.
CBP said that essential travel includes but is not limited to the following:
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes to receive medical treatment in the United States.
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to work in the United States.
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes. Government officials or emergency responders entering the United States to support federal, state, local, tribal or territorial government efforts to respond to COVID-19 or other emergencies.
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade. Truck drivers supporting the movement of cargo between the United States and Mexico.
- Individuals engaged in official government travel or diplomatic travel.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and the spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces, returning to the United States.
- Individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
more recommended stories
Climate Change Will “Thaw” New Viruses – Experts warn.
Experts warn that the warming of.
Texas demands Mexico to pay the water it owes them.
While AMLO denounces a “political boycott”.
U.S. Covid-19 death toll surpasses 200,000
A prediction made in March —.
Enrique Rebsamen School owner convicted in 2017 collapse
CDMX (September 19, 2020).- The owner.
Lucha libre wrestlers struggle to survive amid virus
Few of Mexico’s cultural traditions have.
What will happen to TikTok after Trump’s ban?
The United States will restrict the.
Intellectuals demand that López Obrador not attack freedom of expression. He strikes back at them.
More than 650 intellectuals demanded that.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dies, US Election Changes Course
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,.
Seizures of fentanyl drug up 465% in Mexico
MEXICO CITY (The Associated Press) —.
Gabriel Quadri invokes “TUMOR” All united against Morena
Former presidential candidate Gabriel Quadri all.