U.S. Customs and Border Protection is advising travelers that travel restrictions across the border will continue until May 20, authorities said Thursday.
“Although individual states are phasing in reopening efforts, U.S. Customs and Border Protection advises the traveling public that restrictions on non-essential cross border travel continue to remain in effect through at least (May 20),” CBP said in a statement.
People traveling for tourism purposes, sightseeing, recreation, gambling or attending cultural events are not considered essential, according to federal officials.
CBP said that essential travel includes but is not limited to the following:
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes to receive medical treatment in the United States.
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to work in the United States.
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes. Government officials or emergency responders entering the United States to support federal, state, local, tribal or territorial government efforts to respond to COVID-19 or other emergencies.
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade. Truck drivers supporting the movement of cargo between the United States and Mexico.
- Individuals engaged in official government travel or diplomatic travel.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and the spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces, returning to the United States.
- Individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
more recommended stories
History and origin of Teacher’s Day Why do we celebrate it in Mexico on May 15?
This celebration dates back to 1950.
Festival of the LGBTTTI+ Community to be held in Merida on May 16th
Mèrida, Yucatàn, (May 14, 2021).- This.
Mauricio Vila visits boxing Gym of former World champion Gilberto Keb Baas
HUNUCMÁ, YUCATAN., (May 15, 2021).- For.
Two young men go on the trail of a Douglas DC-3 plane, lost in the Yucatecan Jungle
Mèrida, Yucatàn, (May 14, 2021).- Two.
These are the one and only ‘Michi Conchas’ Mexican sweetbread for cat lovers
If you are a lover of.
“The door to hell”: the crater that has been burning for 50 years
A miscalculation opened the terrifying crater.
This is the story of the Yucatecan Panucho, created in La Ermita de Mérida
Mèrida, Yuc., May 11, 2021 (SIPSE).-.
Rancho Cascabel, a surreal space you must visit in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
It is called Rancho Cascabel and.
Israeli airstrikes kill at least 8 children
Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip on Saturday,.
Governor says Quintana Roo is at “imminent risk” of lockdown
MEXICO CITY (AP) — According to.