U.S. Customs and Border Protection is advising travelers that travel restrictions across the border will continue until May 20, authorities said Thursday.
“Although individual states are phasing in reopening efforts, U.S. Customs and Border Protection advises the traveling public that restrictions on non-essential cross border travel continue to remain in effect through at least (May 20),” CBP said in a statement.
People traveling for tourism purposes, sightseeing, recreation, gambling or attending cultural events are not considered essential, according to federal officials.
CBP said that essential travel includes but is not limited to the following:
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes to receive medical treatment in the United States.
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to work in the United States.
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes. Government officials or emergency responders entering the United States to support federal, state, local, tribal or territorial government efforts to respond to COVID-19 or other emergencies.
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade. Truck drivers supporting the movement of cargo between the United States and Mexico.
- Individuals engaged in official government travel or diplomatic travel.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and the spouses and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces, returning to the United States.
- Individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
more recommended stories
Hurricane Rick makes landfall on Mexico’s Pacific coast
MEXICO CITY, October 25, 2021, (Reuters).
Prepare a delicious pumpkin syrup dessert for the Hanal Pixán Altar
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (October 25, 2021).- On.
Mexican Sergio “Checo” Perez finished third at the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas
F1: Perez endures ‘toughest race’ without.
Cyclists demonstrate using life jackets in Paseo de Montejo to demand road safety
The mobilization has the objective of.
International company Accenture will settle in Tekax, Yucatán
Accenture is a global operations, technology.
Over forced labor allegations, U.S. blocks imports of tomatoes from Mexican farms
WASHINGTON/MEXICO CITY, October 25, 2021 (Reuters).
Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine protective, safe in young children
October 25, 2021 (Reuters) – Moderna.
Hurricane Rick makes landfall on Michoacan’s coast
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – The eye.
Bus accident on the Felipe Carrillo Puerto-Chetumal highway leaves 3 dead and several injured
Chetumal, Quintana Roo, (October 25, 2021).-.
These are the vaccination rules in the U.S. for international travel reopening on Nov. 8
WASHINGTON, Oct 25 (Reuters) – The.