Día del Niño is a pretty big deal in Mexico and other Latin countries.
Día del niño, or Children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have taken the tradition over the years to the United States.
Besides Mother’s and Father’s Day, children have a very special day too — día del niño.
Día del niño, or children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have brought the tradition over the years to the United States.
It’s a day when children should feel special. Usually in Mexico and other Latin countries will host festivals, music shows, magicians, special events with clowns and more for children on this day.
It’s a pretty big deal.
Here are five quick facts you need to know about día del niño:
1. President Álvaro Obregón and Public Education Minister José Vasconcelos accepted the Children’s Rights Declaration in Mexico on April 30, 1925.
2. Besides Mexico, other Latin countries celebrate this day on different dates such as; Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, just to name a few.
3. Sorry, but children do not get to skip school on this day.
4. Some traditional treats to enjoy would be:
Pan dulce (sweet bread)
Flan (gelatin cake)
Arroz con leche (sweet rice and milk)
5. Many organizations from the community collect toy donations to give out to orphans or children in need.
Source: NBC News
more recommended stories
Trump’s return to the business world looks ‘very dark’.
New York City’s recent decision to.
Strange Bedfellows: Climate Disaster and the Financial Sector
Following decades of activism, shifts in.
COVID-19 the most lethal assassin in Mexico.
Covid killed 10,000 Mexicans in 10.
State capitols and D.C. brace for potentially violent protests.
UNITED STATES (The Washington Post/AP) –.
New discoveries on the Amazonas Electric Eel behavior
In August 2012, Douglas Bastos, then.
As of today, limitations on DEA, CIA, and/or FBI agents in Mexico.
Starting today, any foreign agents in.
Donald Trump’s presidency 15 most notable lies.
“Trying to pick the most notable.
“Lopez Obrador Lies. We don’t fabricate evidence.” – Former DEA Chief of International Operations.
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican President.
Facebook posts promoting violence on Biden’s inauguration increase.
The company reported that it is.
New contagious variant of covid-19 could worsen the pandemic – CDC
“A new, more contagious variant of.