Día del Niño is a pretty big deal in Mexico and other Latin countries.
Día del niño, or Children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have taken the tradition over the years to the United States.
Besides Mother’s and Father’s Day, children have a very special day too — día del niño.
Día del niño, or children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have brought the tradition over the years to the United States.
It’s a day when children should feel special. Usually in Mexico and other Latin countries will host festivals, music shows, magicians, special events with clowns and more for children on this day.
It’s a pretty big deal.
Here are five quick facts you need to know about día del niño:
1. President Álvaro Obregón and Public Education Minister José Vasconcelos accepted the Children’s Rights Declaration in Mexico on April 30, 1925.
2. Besides Mexico, other Latin countries celebrate this day on different dates such as; Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, just to name a few.
3. Sorry, but children do not get to skip school on this day.
4. Some traditional treats to enjoy would be:
Pan dulce (sweet bread)
Flan (gelatin cake)
Arroz con leche (sweet rice and milk)
5. Many organizations from the community collect toy donations to give out to orphans or children in need.
Source: NBC News
more recommended stories
AMLO – The thrill is gone
The reality of Mexico’s President, Andrés.
What will happen to TikTok after Trump’s ban?
The United States will restrict the.
Intellectuals demand that López Obrador not attack freedom of expression. He strikes back at them.
More than 650 intellectuals demanded that.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dies, US Election Changes Course
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,.
Amniocentesis, what it is for and how it helps
Pregnancy is one of those exciting.
How Multinationals Crush Opposition: The Case of Steven Donzinger
When big multinationals get called out.
Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania: Three Key States & A Starkness of Choice
The USA is more divided politically,.
The Darker and Lighter Side of Chocolate – A Story of Bitterness and Hope
The world indulges in chocolate. Seven.
Top Mexican brand introduces Refrigerated, Ready-Made Guacamole – But it’s only available in the US!
ORANGE, California (Sept. 16, 2020)– The makers.
Why California Will Continue to Burn Well Beyond This Fire Season
A thunderstorm 1,100 miles south of.