Día del Niño is a pretty big deal in Mexico and other Latin countries.
Día del niño, or Children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have taken the tradition over the years to the United States.
Besides Mother’s and Father’s Day, children have a very special day too — día del niño.
Día del niño, or children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have brought the tradition over the years to the United States.
It’s a day when children should feel special. Usually in Mexico and other Latin countries will host festivals, music shows, magicians, special events with clowns and more for children on this day.
It’s a pretty big deal.
Here are five quick facts you need to know about día del niño:
1. President Álvaro Obregón and Public Education Minister José Vasconcelos accepted the Children’s Rights Declaration in Mexico on April 30, 1925.
2. Besides Mexico, other Latin countries celebrate this day on different dates such as; Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, just to name a few.
3. Sorry, but children do not get to skip school on this day.
4. Some traditional treats to enjoy would be:
Pan dulce (sweet bread)
Flan (gelatin cake)
Arroz con leche (sweet rice and milk)
5. Many organizations from the community collect toy donations to give out to orphans or children in need.
Source: NBC News
more recommended stories
Bomb Cyclone – Atmospheric River coming to blast the Western US
A series of potent storms is.
Demand for security in Tulum increases after the death of tourists
Citizens demand an end to the.
Cancun commemorates the 10th anniversary of the Paris-Cancun air route
Cancun, Quintana Roo, (October 22, 2021).-.
UANL stands as the most sustainable university in all of Mexico
The Autonomous University of Nuevo León.
Biden under pressure as U.S.-Mexico border registers illegal immigration record figures
October 22, 2021, (Reuters) – U.S..
Sargasso from the Quintana Roo beaches rots in clandestine dumps
Tons of sargassum rot due to.
Paseo de las Ánimas on wheels, Mérida, Saturday, October 30th see you there!
MÉRIDA, Yucatán, (October 22, 2021).- Next Saturday,.
Guided tours of the archaeological parks of Mérida are reactivated
Guided tours in the archaeological parks.
Nightmare in Tulum, 2 tourists killed and 3 injured after shooting at La Malquerida bar
Two female tourists are killed and.
Yacht catches fire on the high seas off the shore of Celestún
The yacht “Juan Pablo” at the.