Día del Niño is a pretty big deal in Mexico and other Latin countries.
Día del niño, or Children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have taken the tradition over the years to the United States.
Besides Mother’s and Father’s Day, children have a very special day too — día del niño.
Día del niño, or children’s day, is an annual celebration held on April 30 throughout Mexico. Many have brought the tradition over the years to the United States.
It’s a day when children should feel special. Usually in Mexico and other Latin countries will host festivals, music shows, magicians, special events with clowns and more for children on this day.
It’s a pretty big deal.
Here are five quick facts you need to know about día del niño:
1. President Álvaro Obregón and Public Education Minister José Vasconcelos accepted the Children’s Rights Declaration in Mexico on April 30, 1925.
2. Besides Mexico, other Latin countries celebrate this day on different dates such as; Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, just to name a few.
3. Sorry, but children do not get to skip school on this day.
4. Some traditional treats to enjoy would be:
Pan dulce (sweet bread)
Flan (gelatin cake)
Arroz con leche (sweet rice and milk)
5. Many organizations from the community collect toy donations to give out to orphans or children in need.
Source: NBC News
more recommended stories
Ellen Ochoa, the first Latino woman to go to space published her “Dr. Ochoa’s Stellar World” book series
Lil’ Libros Publishing has acquired world.
The Rally Maya Mexico 2022 has begun in Cancun
On Sunday, May 22nd, the Rally.
Bazara LGBT+, a containment space for inclusion celebrated its first anniversary in Merida
On May 22, the Bazara LGBT+,.
Motorcycle club will hold a great ride next weekend in Progreso
Next Saturday, May 28, and Sunday,.
A new modern way for responsible adoption of Animals: CEMCA launches the “Esperando Por Ti” App
The Municipal Animal Control Center was.
The Jurassic Trail aims to be an economic trigger for the port of Progreso
The Jurassic Trail continue with the.
Three Things The Maya Taught Us – And We Forgot
Between 250 and 1500 AD, the.
Xcaret postpones the 14th edition of the Sacred Maya Journey
The return of the traditional Sacred.
US government officials talk about UFOs publicly for the first time in 50 years
Two senior U.S. defense intelligence officials.
Face-to-face courses return to La Ibérica de Mérida; they will celebrate a big event on Sunday
On Sunday, May 22, the Centro.