Curfew has been imposed in Umán starting at 9 pm, and those who do not stay home wil go to prison.
Umán, being the third municipality in Yucatan with the most cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), decreed a curfew for all citizens as of 9 pm.
“Whoever is on the street after 9 p.m., will be detained and will have to spend up to 36 hours in jail”, municipal authorities declared.
Strict measures to combat Covid-19
Umán Mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, established more strict measures to fight the Covid-19. He stressed that Umán occupies the third place in the state with 14 positive cases of Coronavirus, according to reported data from the Yucatan Health Secretariat .
The statement issued by the Uman municipal government says:
- The delivery of aid packages to the population is temporarily suspended so as not to expose employees and volunteers to infections.
- Deliveries will resume on Saturday, May 2nd; but the packages will no longer be handed out, these will be left in a chair or bench at the door of the property.
- Sanitary filters are installed at the main entrances to Umán.
- 10 sanitizing pumps were purchased to disinfect public spaces, such as the market, parks, etc.
- The use of face masks is mandatory to go outside.
- The Municipal Police and the Transportation Directorate will be constantly monitoring that the motorcycle taxi drivers carry only one passenger and that passengers and drivers wear masks.
- Only one person can ride in private cars, taxis and motorcycle taxis, two persons can go only if one is a sick person or senior citizen. Anybody who violates this disposition will be arrested.
Sanctions on citizens of Uman
The sanctions for not respecting and complying with the new decrees ordered by the municipal administration headed by mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, will be the following:
- Arrest of up to 36 hours for anyone who is away from home after 9 o’clock at night.
- Arrest of up to 24 hours to parents who disrespect, speak rudely and arrogantly to the police when their children are arrested for being on the street after 9 pm and taken to the detention facility.
- All citizens are urged to abide by the new measures established to combat Covid-19, in order for Uman to be able to finish the quarantine period without anymore positive cases.
more recommended stories
Bomb Cyclone – Atmospheric River coming to blast the Western US
A series of potent storms is.
Demand for security in Tulum increases after the death of tourists
Citizens demand an end to the.
María José relatives demand justice in front of the Yucatán Government Palace
The relatives of Maria Jose demanded.
INEGI reports annual inflation of 6.12%, AMLO says it is temporary and there will be no peso devaluation
“The peso is in very good.
Cancun commemorates the 10th anniversary of the Paris-Cancun air route
Cancun, Quintana Roo, (October 22, 2021).-.
UANL stands as the most sustainable university in all of Mexico
The Autonomous University of Nuevo León.
Evo Morales thanks Mexico for “saving his life” 2 years ago
MEXICO, (October 22, 2021).- Almost two.
Biden under pressure as U.S.-Mexico border registers illegal immigration record figures
October 22, 2021, (Reuters) – U.S..
Sargasso from the Quintana Roo beaches rots in clandestine dumps
Tons of sargassum rot due to.
Yucatecan women the most affected by the educational lag
MÉRIDA, Yucatán (October 22, 2021).- “The educational.