Curfew has been imposed in Umán starting at 9 pm, and those who do not stay home wil go to prison.
Umán, being the third municipality in Yucatan with the most cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), decreed a curfew for all citizens as of 9 pm.
“Whoever is on the street after 9 p.m., will be detained and will have to spend up to 36 hours in jail”, municipal authorities declared.
Strict measures to combat Covid-19
Umán Mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, established more strict measures to fight the Covid-19. He stressed that Umán occupies the third place in the state with 14 positive cases of Coronavirus, according to reported data from the Yucatan Health Secretariat .
The statement issued by the Uman municipal government says:
- The delivery of aid packages to the population is temporarily suspended so as not to expose employees and volunteers to infections.
- Deliveries will resume on Saturday, May 2nd; but the packages will no longer be handed out, these will be left in a chair or bench at the door of the property.
- Sanitary filters are installed at the main entrances to Umán.
- 10 sanitizing pumps were purchased to disinfect public spaces, such as the market, parks, etc.
- The use of face masks is mandatory to go outside.
- The Municipal Police and the Transportation Directorate will be constantly monitoring that the motorcycle taxi drivers carry only one passenger and that passengers and drivers wear masks.
- Only one person can ride in private cars, taxis and motorcycle taxis, two persons can go only if one is a sick person or senior citizen. Anybody who violates this disposition will be arrested.
Sanctions on citizens of Uman
The sanctions for not respecting and complying with the new decrees ordered by the municipal administration headed by mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, will be the following:
- Arrest of up to 36 hours for anyone who is away from home after 9 o’clock at night.
- Arrest of up to 24 hours to parents who disrespect, speak rudely and arrogantly to the police when their children are arrested for being on the street after 9 pm and taken to the detention facility.
- All citizens are urged to abide by the new measures established to combat Covid-19, in order for Uman to be able to finish the quarantine period without anymore positive cases.
more recommended stories
Cozumel and Mahahual, first ports in Mexico where cruise ships will return
Shipping companies are preparing to revisit.
Rules to change after Trump – Biden dispute
One new measure could be to.
Another fatal accident on Mérida’s Periférico
MÉRIDA, Yuc., October 1, 2020.- A.
Possible cyclonic threat to the Yucatan Peninsula
Heavy rains will continue in the.
70-year-old Texas man who lived alone in Progreso found dead in his home
YUCATÁN.- A senior citizen was found.
AMLO announces construction of a new airport in Tulum
MEXICO (Times Media Mexico) – Andrés.
USGS says hundreds of earthquakes continue to rattle Southern California
Swarms of earthquakes continue to rattle the Salton.
Hundreds of migrants set out from Honduras bound to the US amid pandemic
SAN PEDRO SULA, Honduras (Associated Press).
Argentine cartoonist Quino, creator of Mafalda dies at 88
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (September 30th, 2020).-.
El Cuyo hoteliers say foreigners are harming the environment
EL CUYO, YUCATAN (September 30th, 2020).—.