Curfew has been imposed in Umán starting at 9 pm, and those who do not stay home wil go to prison.
Umán, being the third municipality in Yucatan with the most cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), decreed a curfew for all citizens as of 9 pm.
“Whoever is on the street after 9 p.m., will be detained and will have to spend up to 36 hours in jail”, municipal authorities declared.
Strict measures to combat Covid-19
Umán Mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, established more strict measures to fight the Covid-19. He stressed that Umán occupies the third place in the state with 14 positive cases of Coronavirus, according to reported data from the Yucatan Health Secretariat .
The statement issued by the Uman municipal government says:
- The delivery of aid packages to the population is temporarily suspended so as not to expose employees and volunteers to infections.
- Deliveries will resume on Saturday, May 2nd; but the packages will no longer be handed out, these will be left in a chair or bench at the door of the property.
- Sanitary filters are installed at the main entrances to Umán.
- 10 sanitizing pumps were purchased to disinfect public spaces, such as the market, parks, etc.
- The use of face masks is mandatory to go outside.
- The Municipal Police and the Transportation Directorate will be constantly monitoring that the motorcycle taxi drivers carry only one passenger and that passengers and drivers wear masks.
- Only one person can ride in private cars, taxis and motorcycle taxis, two persons can go only if one is a sick person or senior citizen. Anybody who violates this disposition will be arrested.
Sanctions on citizens of Uman
The sanctions for not respecting and complying with the new decrees ordered by the municipal administration headed by mayor Freddy Ruz Guzmán, will be the following:
- Arrest of up to 36 hours for anyone who is away from home after 9 o’clock at night.
- Arrest of up to 24 hours to parents who disrespect, speak rudely and arrogantly to the police when their children are arrested for being on the street after 9 pm and taken to the detention facility.
- All citizens are urged to abide by the new measures established to combat Covid-19, in order for Uman to be able to finish the quarantine period without anymore positive cases.
more recommended stories
Yucatan commemorates World Environmental Education Day
Ticul, Yucatán, January 27, 2021.- With.
Government calls on senior citizens to get Covid-19 vaccine
Juan Ferrer, director of the Institute.
White House renews virus briefings: ‘Bringing back the pros’
WASHINGTON D.C. (AP) — For nearly.
80-year-old man rescued by police after passing out in Valladolid
Agents of the Valladolid Municipal Police.
China Deploys Anal Swab Tests To Detect High-Risk Covid-19 Cases
As Chinese authorities struggle to contain.
AMLO’s administration about to approve Russian vaccine, with little data
(AP) According to Associated Press, AMLO.
Actual number of deaths due to covid-19 in Mexico is almost 45% more than reported by Health Secretariat – INEGI
Between January and August 2020, a.
Are Black Americans being vaccinated for COVID-19 at the same rate as whites?
Early data on the rollout of.
PharmaMar’s drug against covid-19 reduces viral load almost completely
Aplidin (plitidepsin) has strong antiviral potency,.
Expert warns of possible floods in Yucatan this year
Merida, Yucatan (January 23, 2021).- The.