Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first royal to be diagnosed with the illness.
- The senior royal is self-isolating at Queen Elizabeth’s Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
- The 71-year-old heir to the throne is with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
- According to Sky News, Prince Charles’ Clarence House office said in a statement: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- He was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The statement added: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
- The U.K. government has in recent days advised the elderly to be particularly vigilant and take social distancing measures seriously, with every British resident over age 70 expected to be contacted over the coming days and told to stay home.
- Those guidelines include the U.K’s most senior royals. As well as Prince Charles, the Queen is 93, while the Duke of Edinburgh is particularly vulnerable, at age 98. Charles’ wife, Camilla, is 72.
Earlier this month, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall cancelled their trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this month because of the pandemic, while Queen Elizabeth also cleared her schedule and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. It is not known whether Charles has had any contact with other senior royals apart from his wife.
The U.K. has more than 8,100 cases of coronavirus, while at least 422 people have died.
more recommended stories
Bomb Cyclone – Atmospheric River coming to blast the Western US
A series of potent storms is.
Demand for security in Tulum increases after the death of tourists
Citizens demand an end to the.
María José relatives demand justice in front of the Yucatán Government Palace
The relatives of Maria Jose demanded.
INEGI reports annual inflation of 6.12%, AMLO says it is temporary and there will be no peso devaluation
“The peso is in very good.
Cancun commemorates the 10th anniversary of the Paris-Cancun air route
Cancun, Quintana Roo, (October 22, 2021).-.
UANL stands as the most sustainable university in all of Mexico
The Autonomous University of Nuevo León.
Evo Morales thanks Mexico for “saving his life” 2 years ago
MEXICO, (October 22, 2021).- Almost two.
Biden under pressure as U.S.-Mexico border registers illegal immigration record figures
October 22, 2021, (Reuters) – U.S..
Sargasso from the Quintana Roo beaches rots in clandestine dumps
Tons of sargassum rot due to.
Yucatecan women the most affected by the educational lag
MÉRIDA, Yucatán (October 22, 2021).- “The educational.