Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first royal to be diagnosed with the illness.
- The senior royal is self-isolating at Queen Elizabeth’s Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
- The 71-year-old heir to the throne is with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
- According to Sky News, Prince Charles’ Clarence House office said in a statement: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- He was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The statement added: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
- The U.K. government has in recent days advised the elderly to be particularly vigilant and take social distancing measures seriously, with every British resident over age 70 expected to be contacted over the coming days and told to stay home.
- Those guidelines include the U.K’s most senior royals. As well as Prince Charles, the Queen is 93, while the Duke of Edinburgh is particularly vulnerable, at age 98. Charles’ wife, Camilla, is 72.
Earlier this month, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall cancelled their trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this month because of the pandemic, while Queen Elizabeth also cleared her schedule and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. It is not known whether Charles has had any contact with other senior royals apart from his wife.
The U.K. has more than 8,100 cases of coronavirus, while at least 422 people have died.
more recommended stories
Thunderstorm in northern Yucatan ignites house fire in Progreso
Progreso, Yucatan (May 30, 2020) .-.
Teenager overcomes COVID and is discharged from O’Horan Hospital
Mérida, Yucatán (May 29, 2020).- After.
With a car caravan, people in Mérida demand AMLO’s resignation (VIDEO)
The protest was called for this.
A hurricane could impact Yucatan this year, UADY experts predict
Yucatan has never been exempt from.
Fuel theft in Mexico unstoppable
Pemex reported a 122% increase in.
Booze is back
“If people do not behave, we’ll.
Authorities from Dujiangyan, China donate 10,000 mouth covers to the municipality of Dzidzantún
MÉRIDA, Yucatan.- The Chinese Association of.
Elderly women in Yucatan stand alone against COVID-19
Yucatan is among the states in.
Illegal beer sale reported in Progreso
PROGRESO, YUCATAN (May 29, 2020).- Beer.
Another owl is killed in Yucatán
Through social networks, the Santa María.