Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first royal to be diagnosed with the illness.
- The senior royal is self-isolating at Queen Elizabeth’s Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
- The 71-year-old heir to the throne is with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
- According to Sky News, Prince Charles’ Clarence House office said in a statement: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- He was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The statement added: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
- The U.K. government has in recent days advised the elderly to be particularly vigilant and take social distancing measures seriously, with every British resident over age 70 expected to be contacted over the coming days and told to stay home.
- Those guidelines include the U.K’s most senior royals. As well as Prince Charles, the Queen is 93, while the Duke of Edinburgh is particularly vulnerable, at age 98. Charles’ wife, Camilla, is 72.
Earlier this month, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall cancelled their trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this month because of the pandemic, while Queen Elizabeth also cleared her schedule and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. It is not known whether Charles has had any contact with other senior royals apart from his wife.
The U.K. has more than 8,100 cases of coronavirus, while at least 422 people have died.
more recommended stories
Mauricio Vila reviews the latest details of the ‘La Plancha’ project
After managing the use of the.
Fatal accidents involving motorcyclists increase in Yucatan
Freddy Cetina Amaya, leader of the.
32-year-old patient dies from Covid in Yucatan
In Yucatan, the mandatory use of.
Yucatan is the state with the highest index of peace in all of Mexico
For having the lowest rates at.
Yucatan is present at the Tianguis Turístico 2022
Governor Mauricio Vila Dosal attended the.
Invasion and massive destruction of mangroves in Chicxulub Puerto
Inhabitants of Chicxulub Puerto ask to.
Title 42 has empowered U.S. agents to turn back over one million migrants to Mexico and other countries
For thousands of migrants who have.
Progreso Marinas report an increase of up to 30 percent in port departures
Yucatan commercial marinas reported an increase.
Environmental Impact studies for the Maya Train will be submitted for public consultation
The Environmental Impact Statement (MIA) of.
The Jurassic Trail aims to be an economic trigger for the port of Progreso
The Jurassic Trail continue with the.