Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first royal to be diagnosed with the illness.
- The senior royal is self-isolating at Queen Elizabeth’s Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
- The 71-year-old heir to the throne is with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
- According to Sky News, Prince Charles’ Clarence House office said in a statement: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- He was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The statement added: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
- The U.K. government has in recent days advised the elderly to be particularly vigilant and take social distancing measures seriously, with every British resident over age 70 expected to be contacted over the coming days and told to stay home.
- Those guidelines include the U.K’s most senior royals. As well as Prince Charles, the Queen is 93, while the Duke of Edinburgh is particularly vulnerable, at age 98. Charles’ wife, Camilla, is 72.
Earlier this month, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall cancelled their trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this month because of the pandemic, while Queen Elizabeth also cleared her schedule and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. It is not known whether Charles has had any contact with other senior royals apart from his wife.
The U.K. has more than 8,100 cases of coronavirus, while at least 422 people have died.
more recommended stories
Yucatan hoteliers agonize during the “January Slope”
The arrival of tourism to the.
3 thousand jobs lost in Yucatan in December 2020
In December 2020, 2,999 jobs registered.
Trump’s return to the business world looks ‘very dark’.
New York City’s recent decision to.
COVID vaccine arrives in Tizimín, Yucatan
Tizimín, Yucatán, January 16, 2021.- Governor.
COVID-19 the most lethal assassin in Mexico.
Covid killed 10,000 Mexicans in 10.
State capitols and D.C. brace for potentially violent protests.
UNITED STATES (The Washington Post/AP) –.
Luxury sports car stolen in Ecatepec, Estado de Mexico found in Merida
Agents of the National Guard deployed.
The stucco mask of Ucanha, Yucatan a new discovery
MÉRIDA, Yuc.- The archaeological site of.
National Rifle Association files for bankruptcy
The National Rifle Association announced that.
As of today, limitations on DEA, CIA, and/or FBI agents in Mexico.
Starting today, any foreign agents in.