Britain’s Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first royal to be diagnosed with the illness.
- The senior royal is self-isolating at Queen Elizabeth’s Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
- The 71-year-old heir to the throne is with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who has reportedly tested negative for the virus.
- According to Sky News, Prince Charles’ Clarence House office said in a statement: “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- He was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The statement added: “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
- The U.K. government has in recent days advised the elderly to be particularly vigilant and take social distancing measures seriously, with every British resident over age 70 expected to be contacted over the coming days and told to stay home.
- Those guidelines include the U.K’s most senior royals. As well as Prince Charles, the Queen is 93, while the Duke of Edinburgh is particularly vulnerable, at age 98. Charles’ wife, Camilla, is 72.
Earlier this month, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall cancelled their trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this month because of the pandemic, while Queen Elizabeth also cleared her schedule and is currently self-isolating at Windsor Castle. It is not known whether Charles has had any contact with other senior royals apart from his wife.
The U.K. has more than 8,100 cases of coronavirus, while at least 422 people have died.
more recommended stories
Hotels in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and CDMX share messages of Faith
For the last week or so,.
Man drowns in Playa del Carmen after entering closed beach
Playa del Carmen., Quintana Roo. —.
Suspected cartel shootout leaves 19 dead in Chihuahua, Mexico
MADERAS, CHIHUAHUA (Reuters) – A shootout.
Attacks and discrimination against nurses and health personnel are on the rise in Mexico.
Nurses, who risk even their own.
Yucatan reports two COVID-19 related deaths
Merida, Yucatan (April 5, 2020) —.
Mexico repeats errors made by other countries regarding the coronavirus, experts warn.
Medical experts from Iran, China, Spain,.
San Miguel de Allende prepares strategy for economic and tourist rescue
“The municipality of San Miguel de.
Delta is losing $60 million USD a day as pandemic rages on
Delta is burning through more than $60.
Mexicans make and donate masks to protect healthcare workers
In Morelia, Michoacán, a group of.
Daylight Saving Time begins in Mexico on April 5, 2020
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Daylight saving time.