Progreso would open an office for non-Mexicans
PROGRESO – The City Council presented its Community Awards for the first time to 10 foreigners who carry out altruistic support in this city and in the police stations of Chuburná, Chelem and Chicxulub.
Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi and the director of Tourism and Commerce, Manuel Rosado Heredia, presented the municipal recognition, in the Juárez hall of the Municipal Palace, in front of a little more than 60 foreign residents.
The winners are the following founders of associations that promote altruistic projects:
- Francois Cloutier and Karen Cloutier for their work in the soup kitchen “The Chicxulub Soup Kitchen”.
- Sharon Helgason, for her work at the “Chicxulub Food Bank”.
- Dorothy Kaytorpor, for “Chuburna School Support”.
- Kim Ray, for “The Chelem support program”.
- David Wright, for giving free courses in digital resources to local businesses.
- Speranza Avram, for “The Progreso Apoyo Program,” which provides scholarships to children.
- Sally Again Hirst, for her efforts in supporting children with Down syndrome to attend the Carnival.
- Richard Long, for his effort to give school supplies to elementary school children.
- Karen Cochrane, for rescuing and sterilizing street dogs and cats.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
AMLO’s Banco del Bienestar to be controlled by Mexican Army
The decision makes sense if one.
Why it doesn’t matter that so many die in Mexico from Covid-19
There are so many deaths that.
Having a hard time getting a turkey for Thanksgiving?
It is almost impossible to find.
Great-grandson of María Sabina struggles to rescue her remains
María Sabina Magdalena García was a.
San Antonio, TX could be hosting Canelo vs Smith
If you’re a boxing fan, you’re.
Randy Arozarena: from the World Series to Mérida’s CERESO in less than a month
Interviewed at her home in the.
US health authorities recommend that Americans not travel to Mexico due to COVID-19
Mexico has 1,293,654 active cases and.
Donald Trump pardoned his former security advisor Michael Flynn.
“I know you will now have.
Mayan communities of Campeche deliver 268 thousand signatures against the Mayan Train.
The protesters stated that the Mayan.
Mexico seeks to ‘Break the Chain’ of Coronavirus with rapid tests and QR codes
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexico City.