Progreso would open an office for non-Mexicans
PROGRESO – The City Council presented its Community Awards for the first time to 10 foreigners who carry out altruistic support in this city and in the police stations of Chuburná, Chelem and Chicxulub.
Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi and the director of Tourism and Commerce, Manuel Rosado Heredia, presented the municipal recognition, in the Juárez hall of the Municipal Palace, in front of a little more than 60 foreign residents.
The winners are the following founders of associations that promote altruistic projects:
- Francois Cloutier and Karen Cloutier for their work in the soup kitchen “The Chicxulub Soup Kitchen”.
- Sharon Helgason, for her work at the “Chicxulub Food Bank”.
- Dorothy Kaytorpor, for “Chuburna School Support”.
- Kim Ray, for “The Chelem support program”.
- David Wright, for giving free courses in digital resources to local businesses.
- Speranza Avram, for “The Progreso Apoyo Program,” which provides scholarships to children.
- Sally Again Hirst, for her efforts in supporting children with Down syndrome to attend the Carnival.
- Richard Long, for his effort to give school supplies to elementary school children.
- Karen Cochrane, for rescuing and sterilizing street dogs and cats.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Massacre in Celaya hotel leaves 11 dead and four injured; Guanajuato
Eleven people dead and at least.
Ellen Ochoa, the first Latino woman to go to space published her “Dr. Ochoa’s Stellar World” book series
Lil’ Libros Publishing has acquired world.
The Rally Maya Mexico 2022 has begun in Cancun
On Sunday, May 22nd, the Rally.
AIFA will spend almost 10 million pesos on gardening services
Two months after its inauguration, the.
Bazara LGBT+, a containment space for inclusion celebrated its first anniversary in Merida
On May 22, the Bazara LGBT+,.
Motorcycle club will hold a great ride next weekend in Progreso
Next Saturday, May 28, and Sunday,.
Mérida and New Orleans ratify their twinning
With the ratification of the twinning.
Tulum airport will be completed in 2023
Next year, the Tulum International Airport.
New Hospital O’Horán in Mérida: authorities confirm the date to announce the tender
Next Tuesday, June 8, the name.
Mauricio Vila reviews the latest details of the ‘La Plancha’ project
After managing the use of the.