Progreso would open an office for non-Mexicans
PROGRESO – The City Council presented its Community Awards for the first time to 10 foreigners who carry out altruistic support in this city and in the police stations of Chuburná, Chelem and Chicxulub.
Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi and the director of Tourism and Commerce, Manuel Rosado Heredia, presented the municipal recognition, in the Juárez hall of the Municipal Palace, in front of a little more than 60 foreign residents.
The winners are the following founders of associations that promote altruistic projects:
- Francois Cloutier and Karen Cloutier for their work in the soup kitchen “The Chicxulub Soup Kitchen”.
- Sharon Helgason, for her work at the “Chicxulub Food Bank”.
- Dorothy Kaytorpor, for “Chuburna School Support”.
- Kim Ray, for “The Chelem support program”.
- David Wright, for giving free courses in digital resources to local businesses.
- Speranza Avram, for “The Progreso Apoyo Program,” which provides scholarships to children.
- Sally Again Hirst, for her efforts in supporting children with Down syndrome to attend the Carnival.
- Richard Long, for his effort to give school supplies to elementary school children.
- Karen Cochrane, for rescuing and sterilizing street dogs and cats.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Hotels in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and CDMX share messages of Faith
For the last week or so,.
Man drowns in Playa del Carmen after entering closed beach
Playa del Carmen., Quintana Roo. —.
Suspected cartel shootout leaves 19 dead in Chihuahua, Mexico
MADERAS, CHIHUAHUA (Reuters) – A shootout.
Attacks and discrimination against nurses and health personnel are on the rise in Mexico.
Nurses, who risk even their own.
Yucatan reports two COVID-19 related deaths
Merida, Yucatan (April 5, 2020) —.
Mexico repeats errors made by other countries regarding the coronavirus, experts warn.
Medical experts from Iran, China, Spain,.
San Miguel de Allende prepares strategy for economic and tourist rescue
“The municipality of San Miguel de.
Gonzalo Guerrero, the renegade Spanish soldier.
The Yucatan Times presents today in.
Delta is losing $60 million USD a day as pandemic rages on
Delta is burning through more than $60.
Mexicans make and donate masks to protect healthcare workers
In Morelia, Michoacán, a group of.