Progreso would open an office for non-Mexicans
PROGRESO – The City Council presented its Community Awards for the first time to 10 foreigners who carry out altruistic support in this city and in the police stations of Chuburná, Chelem and Chicxulub.
Mayor Julián Zacarías Curi and the director of Tourism and Commerce, Manuel Rosado Heredia, presented the municipal recognition, in the Juárez hall of the Municipal Palace, in front of a little more than 60 foreign residents.
The winners are the following founders of associations that promote altruistic projects:
- Francois Cloutier and Karen Cloutier for their work in the soup kitchen “The Chicxulub Soup Kitchen”.
- Sharon Helgason, for her work at the “Chicxulub Food Bank”.
- Dorothy Kaytorpor, for “Chuburna School Support”.
- Kim Ray, for “The Chelem support program”.
- David Wright, for giving free courses in digital resources to local businesses.
- Speranza Avram, for “The Progreso Apoyo Program,” which provides scholarships to children.
- Sally Again Hirst, for her efforts in supporting children with Down syndrome to attend the Carnival.
- Richard Long, for his effort to give school supplies to elementary school children.
- Karen Cochrane, for rescuing and sterilizing street dogs and cats.
The Yucatan Times
more recommended stories
Projection shows Cancun and other destinations underwater if sea level rises 10 meters
Cancun, Quintana Roo (July 3, 2020).-.
One dead after shooting in Kanasín, Yucatán
KANASÍN, YUCATÁN.- On the evening of.
Woman in Chicxulub claims that she owns the beach
A Yucatecan woman was caught on.
Hotel Villa Mercedes Mérida joins Hilton’s “Curio Collection” family.
Starting in August, the Villa Mercedes.
Heatwave will hit almost all the United States territory
A sweltering summer heat wave will.
Tragic incident in downtown Mérida: A 79-year-old man dies
MÉRIDA.- A 79-year-old man died when.
Mérida police apprehend the “cannibal” of Leandro Valle
Agents of the State Investigative Police.
Spain court approves Emilio Lozoya’s extradition to Mexico
Spain’s National Administrative Tribunal has agreed.
These travel destinations require proof of negative COVID-19 test
Travel is Back But Some Restrictions.
Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro tested positive.