About the project:
The Ministry of Culture and Arts of the State of Yucatan proposes to:
1) measure the economic impact of cultural and creative industries (CCIs) in Yucatan.
2) strengthen the capacity of artists and cultural professionals, and promote creative entrepreneurship.
3) improve market access for creative entrepreneurs, especially women and marginalized social groups, to ensure diversity.
How does this project contribute to the implementation of the 2005 Convention?
- Contributes to sustainable CCIs in Mexico – The project has been designed to reveal the economic impact of cultural goods and services in the State of Yucatan through a general mapping exercise. Specific capacity building activities targeting cultural professionals will also contribute to achieving a better understanding of the creative economy and improve the implementation of the country’s cultural policy.
- Contributes to assessing and addressing capacity development needs related to creation, production and distribution – Creative entrepreneurship will be strengthened through a certified theoretical and practical curriculum. Small grants for creative entrepreneurs, together with the creation of a business plan, will also improve their competitiveness and improve their market access.
- Conducting a study on the cultural good and services produced in the main municipalities of the state of Yucatan, including an analysis of its strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Mapping CCIs within Yucatan’s 20 main municipalities.
- Organizing workshops to raise awareness of local government representatives on the potential of the creative economy and the cultural industries.
- Designing a certified program in entrepreneurship targeting local creative industries’ needs, in partnership with Metropolitan Technological University, Coventry University and with collaboration of the Ministry of Culture and Arts of the State of Yucatan and the Yucatan Institute of Entrepreneurship.
- Organization of workshops to reinforce cultural practitioner’s capacities in cultural entrepreneurship.
- Incubation of fivecreative initiatives.
more recommended stories
Bomb Cyclone – Atmospheric River coming to blast the Western US
A series of potent storms is.
Demand for security in Tulum increases after the death of tourists
Citizens demand an end to the.
María José relatives demand justice in front of the Yucatán Government Palace
The relatives of Maria Jose demanded.
INEGI reports annual inflation of 6.12%, AMLO says it is temporary and there will be no peso devaluation
“The peso is in very good.
Cancun commemorates the 10th anniversary of the Paris-Cancun air route
Cancun, Quintana Roo, (October 22, 2021).-.
UANL stands as the most sustainable university in all of Mexico
The Autonomous University of Nuevo León.
Evo Morales thanks Mexico for “saving his life” 2 years ago
MEXICO, (October 22, 2021).- Almost two.
Biden under pressure as U.S.-Mexico border registers illegal immigration record figures
October 22, 2021, (Reuters) – U.S..
Sargasso from the Quintana Roo beaches rots in clandestine dumps
Tons of sargassum rot due to.
Yucatecan women the most affected by the educational lag
MÉRIDA, Yucatán (October 22, 2021).- “The educational.