Mexico makes arrests in last week’s massacre of 3 women, 6 children

Mexico has made an unspecified number of arrests in last week’s massacre of three women and six children of dual U.S-Mexican nationality in the north of the country, Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said on Monday. “There have been arrests, but it’s not up to us to give information,” Durazo told reporters in Mexico City.

Mexico on Sunday invited the FBI to participate in the investigation of an attack in its north that killed nine dual citizens of the United States and Mexico.

The Foreign Ministry said it made the invitation through a diplomatic note to the U.S. embassy in Mexico.

“The Mexican government reiterates its commitment to investigate the facts, in order to … offer justice to the affected families,” it said in a statement.

The U.S. agents must work in coordination with their Mexican counterparts and will not be armed, it added.

In a statement, the FBI said it would assist in the investigation, adding, “The FBI remains committed to working alongside our international partners to help bring justice to the perpetrators of this heinous act of violence.”

Source: Yahoo News



Comments

comments