CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) is announcing a series of initiatives to reduce waste at Hyatt hotels globally, including introducing large-format bathroom amenities and reducing single-use water bottles by June 2021. The following initiatives will be introduced as soon as possible in properties around the world, and no later than June 2021:
- Transitioning to large-format bathroom amenities to replace traditional small bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
- Increasing the number of water stations in key public spaces at hotels for guests who wish to refill reusable water bottles.
- Serving water in carafes or other containers for meetings and events; bottled water will be available by request.
At Hyatt, our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – guides all business decisions, including our global sustainability framework, which focuses on using resources responsibly and helping address today’s most pressing environmental issues,” said Mark Hoplamazian, president and CEO, Hyatt. “
Plastic pollution is a global issue, and we hope our efforts will motivate guests, customers and, indeed, ourselves to think more critically about our use of plastic.”
These new initiatives represent a significant step in Hyatt’s global sustainability program and underscore Hyatt’s commitment to wellbeing. As promoted in Hyatt’s landmarks of wellbeing – Feel, Fuel and Function – proper hydration is essential to living well. Offering increased access to water stations across Hyatt hotels around the world will ensure guests will have hydration choices that align with both their wellbeing and sustainability priorities while traveling.
Transitioning to large-format bathroom amenities and reducing single-use water bottles builds on Hyatt’s broader commitment to reduce disposables and select environmentally preferable options whenever possible, with the exception of when single-use bottles are needed for water quality reasons.
Other recent global initiatives have included removing plastic straws and drink picks and making alternative options available only by request at Hyatt hotels, and increasing the use of compostable, recyclable, or recycled content packaging for to-go food containers.
While these global efforts ensure guests – both leisure and business – will consistently have the option to avoid single-use water bottles while staying at Hyatt hotels, many properties have already been introducing additional efforts to create best-in-class solutions. Examples include:
- In-house water bottling plants that reuse glass bottles and replace single-use bottles. Hotels with this solution currently include Alila Villas Koh Russey, Alila Manggis, Alila Ubud, Alila Villas Uluwatu, Alila Bangsar, Alila Jabal Akhdar, Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa, Hyatt Regency Delhi, Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo and Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
- Reusable bottles distributed to all guests at check-in at resorts such as Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, Hyatt Ziva Cancun, Miraval Arizona and Miraval Austin.
- Filtered water spouts installed in all guest rooms at Park Hyatt Istanbul – Macka Palas to provide fresh drinking water.
To learn more about Hyatt’s sustainability efforts, please visit www.hyattthrive.com.
Source: The Riviera Maya Times
more recommended stories
Cancun Is Getting a New All-Inclusive From Royal Resorts
A new hotel is coming to.
Mérida mayor participates in global climate change summit in Madrid, Spain
The municipal president of Mérida, Renán.
Fishermen overwhelm Mexico’s Gulf of California to capture endangered totoaba fish (VIDEO)
A conservation group trying to protect.
Alcohol sale hours on Sundays will not be extended this holiday season in Yucatan
The measure is taken in order.
Hacienda denies resources for 800 projects in Yucatan State Municipalities
Resources to finance 800 infrastructure works.
Reopening of “El Corchito” ecotourism reserve
“The ecotourism reserve of “El Corchito”.
A new secret passage is discoved in the Maya city of Uxmal
MÉRIDA, Yucatan (Times Media Mexico) –.
Dems unveil charges against Trump
Articles of impeachment are officially on.
Greta Thunberg, TIME’s Person of the Year 2019
Greta is 16 years old, she.
These Mexican ants are capable of producing honey
In Mexico there is a species.