“Due to the attractive packages offered by tour operators and travel agencies, the number of national tourists increased by approximately 12 percent in Campeche this summer. However, the number of international visitors decreased 10 percent”, said Jorge Manos Esparragoza, head of the State Tourism Secretariat (Sectur).
The official described last summer season as excellent, due to the growth registered, noting that thousands of tourists from other Mexican states come to Campeche, especially from the center and north of the country, who stay for a day or two, without complications and without worrying about the criminal situation that prevails in other states, as Campeche remains as one of the safest entities in the country.
“However, in terms of international tourism, the numbers are down, and Campeche needs to work on new strategies to attract more international visitors and make them stay longer” said the Tourism Secretary.
According to Sectur figures, of the total visitors registered during the holiday period, 90 percent were national and the remaining 10 percent were international. The tendency of a few years ago used to be 75/25 and even 80/20 in proportion, which demonstrate that Campeche needs to be better promoted at international tourism fairs.
Manos Esparragoza stated that Campeche’s State Tourism Secretariat will continue to look for strategies aimed at taking advantage of its natural and cultural attractions, in order to position the state as a world-class tourist destination.
The Yucatan Times Newsroom with information from www.turismo.campeche.gob.mx
more recommended stories
Guatemala admits it is a cocaine producing nation, not just transit point
GUATEMALA CITY, Sept 19 (Reuters) –.
Mérida: in the eyes of the world
Peace Nobel prize winners arrive in.
6 tropical storms whirling at once have set a record
Sure, it’s the middle of hurricane.
Hurricane Jerry now Category 1, path remains out to sea
Jerry has strengthened into a Category.
Goddess of water Chalchiuhtlicue statue auctioned in France for 290 thousand Euro
Following up on the article published.
Mexico pays tribute to Germán Valdés “Tin Tan”, the Mexican Jerry Lewis
It’s been 46 years since Germán.
AMLO budget seen as insufficient to revive construction sector
The spending part of the 2020.
Mexico’s federal government authorizes SAT access to all bank accounts
The Mexican government has determined that.
Despite opposition from the Mexican government pre-Hispanic pieces are auctioned in France
At the Drouot Millon auction house in.
Tropical Storm Lorena is now a category one hurricane heading towards Cabo
Tropical Storm Lorena is strengthening as.