The family was having dinner when the air conditioning exploded, causing a room to burn inside a Merida property on Friday July 26.
Due to a failure, an air conditioner exploded inside a house in Mérida, generating a fire, leaving material losses and an injured child who was in the room, as well as the kids mother, who burned her foot as she was trying to put out the fire.
The woman said that while they were having dinner, they heard the explosion, so they went immediately to the room to see what was going on and they realized that the air conditioning had exploded and was on fire along with some pieces of furniture inside the room.
“Thank God my son is OK. This happened at 10 PM and I was having dinner downstairs. We tried to put out the flames but it was impossible. I suffered burns on my foot and hand,” declared the lady.
She requested the support of firefighters from the SSP, however, since they took too long to arrive, next door neighbors helped to quell the fire. One of the neighbors named Armando, used a garden hose and managed to put out the fire.
Fortunately, they were able to get the situation under control in a matter of minutes, the woman and the child were slightly injured, and the fire left significant material loss for the family.
“We are lucky that were able to take out the bed and pull the curtains to avoid the fire to spread. It was traumatic for everyone, our family and neighbors. ”
The woman also said that the A/C manufacturing company does not want to respond for what happened, not even give them a guarantee, because according to them, the woman can not prove that it was the weather that triggered the fire, although in the photos shared on social networks and published by La Verdad, it can be seen that the fire originated from the electrica appliance, that was properly installed within the house.
The Yucatan Times Newsroom with information from La Verdad