It was the year of 1524, when, following instructions from Hernán Cortés, the trace of Mexico City began on the remains of the destroyed Great Aztec City of Tenochtitlan. The new blocks were divided into large lots distributed among the most outstanding and powerful conquerors.
The lot located on the corner formed by the streets of Relox and Cordovanes (today República de Argentina and Donceles), was granted to one of this “conquistadors” by the name of Acevedo. Acevedo was the founder of a very important mayorazgo during the sixteenth and seventh centuries.
Throughout the centuries, the property passed into the hands of different owners and went through several remodeling works.
And on June 2019, Mexico City resident, Dr. Jaime Font Fransi, published on social networks the photograph of vestiges of the Great Tenochtitlán found in the courtyard of the Palace of the Marquis of Apartado, a neoclassical work by Manuel Tolsá (1757-1816) in downtown Mexico City.